Monday, April 09, 2012

Love without measure card.. and a winner!

Hello everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend and a Happy Happy Easter.   We had a busy weekend.  Really enjoyed having the "big fam" out to our cabin for Easter yesterday.  I'm still working on editing photos, unpacking , laundry.. ect. ect.... so I'll be sharing photos soon. ( you know how I love to share family photos) lol.  Anyway, it was a really nice day!

**First of all I have a winner for the Fairy spoon kit from last week. 
 The winner is  Sandy Davis         For those of you who had your fingers crossed...    hoping to win.  You will have many more chances soon.   Why?? Because I just happened to think, I'm coming up on another year of blogging anniversary...... so I went to check.  6 years this month.  I  will be hosting a number of other giveaways this month to celebrate!

*****************************************

Today I'm sharing a card I have up on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Crafty Power blog  showing how I used Clear photo corners and the new Dodz from SA 3L.  That darling image is from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage "Childhood Image and Journal Notes" booklet.

As most of you know, our time with our sweet Aly pup of 13 years came to an end a few weeks ago.  For those of you who have lost a beloved pet, you know this hurt.  Your pets become a part of your family, and it's devastating to have to say goodbye to them.  I have many friends who are animal lovers like I am.  They understood  the loss I felt ,and how sad it made ( and still makes) me . ( still brings tears as I write this). Now, I feel their hurt as they have had to go through  this pain over the past couple of weeks.   My long time friend Marianne lost her buddy, Dante suddenly, a week or so ago, and then this weekend my friend Lorrie had to say goodbye her beautiful sweet golden,... River.
I will now work on a card for Lorrie, but this is the one I sent to Marianne.  I love, love, love this image, and the dog even reminded me of her Dante.   

For anyone who doesn't have pets or doesn't really "get" the bond animals and humans can  have... trust me, it's real and it's strong!       Signed.. me... "The crazy Dog Lady"   lol


**Okay, another thing I wanted to mention was regarding the quote on the canvas below here.   I always want to give credit when I am inspired by something, so I was trying really hard to figure out who the author of the saying was.  Well.. thanks to Nelda, one of my blog readers, who directed me to Brooke, who had prints in her etsy shop... who then, directed me to the original source.  designer and filmmaker Saul Bass. 
Thanks for helping me with that girls!

______________________________________________________

Before I close, I am going to share one thing from yesterday :)  I tried a new recipe for a salad to serve yesterday.  It was really really yummy!   I found it  here on the Authentic Suburban Gourmet
There are some amazing recipe's over there. Check it out.


Pinned Image

Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette


5 Ears Corn, husk removed, brush with olive oil and grilled, remove corn with sharp knife
2 Avocado’s, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning
2 C. Tomatoes, red and yellow cherry variety or equivalent
1 Small red onion, finely diced
¾ C. Feta, crumbled
1 ½ C. English cucumber, skin on and chopped small dice

Add to a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.

Cilantro Vinaigrette
6 T. Olive oil
2 T. Sherry vinegar  ( used red wine vinegar and a couple of Tablespoons of sugar instead, and it was great)
1 t. Garlic powder
2 T. Fresh cilantro, minced
½ t. Salt
10 Grinds of fresh ground pepper

Add all of the above ingredients in a small glass jar with a lid. Shake really well. Taste and adjust seasoning and ratios of oil and vinegar as you desire.

When ready to serve salad, add the dressing and gently toss


Thanks for stopping by!

                                                                                                          Vic

8 comments:

harrahx2 said...

First, the card is wonderful and I love the clear corners. Second, I copied that recipe when I went to their blog. And Last, I am so glad you had a good time! Hugs. And congrats to the winner! I know she will be one happy Bunny!

Sandy Davis said...

How exciting to win...
Your card is beautiful and I really like how you used the embellies in your title.

Thank again Vicki

Julie Higgins said...

A love without measure...what a great saying! I just feel bad that all those years I worked with you, I had not yet experienced the whole 'dog thing'!!! If I had, the week you lost Pokey, I would have been so much more caring and sympathetic! Now I know what it is like with my deal little Ellie:) When something happens to her, you'll have to help me get through it! Julie

Debby said...

It is so hard to loose a pet. They are so much a part of our lives. Yes, some don't get it. I sure do. (((((HUGS))))

Pam said...

Okay, a yummy salad like this deserves the best. ever. garlic powder!! Go to http://www.machadofarms.com

I have never had such incredible garlic powder ever, and no, I am not affiliated with this site in anyway except to order this stuff!

kathy/North Carolina said...

What a fabulous card, Vic! Every single element just works together to make the whole project sing. You amaze me!

Margie said...

Congratulations to Sandy winning that fabulous prize and hugs to you remembering your own loss while making a card for your friend. It does hurt less over time and they do say "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all". I think that applies to pets too and I'm just off to give my two terrors a big cuddle!

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Ms Vicki- awesome card...love my dogs and I know how u feel.... :)