Friday, April 06, 2012

A new canvas

The weekend is going to be a busy one, so I decided I'd do a blog post now, before we get into full swing.
( If you want some music to listen to while your looking... There is some at the bottom of this post.  It's Weston (our oldest) singing and playing guitar.  He wrote the song also.  It's from a few years ago when he was still in college, but I still love it. Thought I'd share).    Anyway, we are hoping to have Easter out at our cabin, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that the weather is nice enough.  We spent the day out there today preparing.  I think it might be nice to do something a little different.This will be our first holiday without mom.  That will be tough. A different place, being outside, things to keep us focused on all we have to be thankful for will be good. I am so looking forward to seeing my family.
The canvas I'm sharing was done using Tattered Angels paints.   I cant take credit for the awesome saying, I saw it on Pinterest and have searched for where it originated with no luck.  Well who ever said it first, speaks for alot of us I think :)


I used random sticker letters for the resist.  Once I added all my paint, I removed the stickers , let it all  dry and then outlined with a fine sharpie.


Yep... it's hanging right by my work table :)


A couple of other things I waned to mention.

A couple of you asked me about the  printers tray below.. and if it was 50 cents or $50.
It was 50 Cents!!
And there was also a request to see the silhouette up closer.  I will take a photo and share it in one of my next posts .. promise!   It had really ugly paper in the back, and all the dried flowers that were in it had fallen apart, so I took the back off and added a new paper baking,( photo soon).




HAPPY EASTER everyone!






 




    

14 comments:

Karin said...

I Love it! Now I want to make one for my space....Karin

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I just love this canvas!!! love the sentiment and those colors are spectacular-such a wonderful idea.
I so need to make one this size.
Happy Easter

Susan said...

Lovely canvas! Happy Easter to you and your family.

Ellen ♥ CardMonkey said...

Oh my gosh, I love love LOVE this canvas -- the sayings AND the beautiful colors. Tell me it's up for sale, and I am your gal. Failing that, I will HAVE to "scraplift" it somehow, even though I have zero ability with Tattered Angels. I am over the moon, and it is FULL.

Easter blessings to you, especially those from your dear Mother, your springtime angel.

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! i love this canvas! I need to try to make one of these.

I love your pear blossom pic too. I have several of those, but after yesterday's crazy wind the blossoms are all gone.

harrahx2 said...

So glad to hear about the Easter plans. Sounds like you will have a wonderful time. Hugs and Happy Easter Vic. Thanks for being my friend....and always being there with that beautiful smile.

Renee said...

Vicki I LOVE this canvas piece, the colors and areas of splotches remind me of a cherry blossom tree, my fave ;) The saying on this is just absolutely perfect, I always feel dumb when people ask me why I make cards or altered items, now I know what to say :) Have a wonderfully blessed Easter, I know your Mom will be watching over you and you will feel her with you on this special holiday.

Debby said...

LOVE THE CANVAS........YOU DID GOOD ON THE PRINTERS TRAY.
HAPPY EASTER

malia said...

Oh I love this! The saying and your paint! It's gorgeous. I am PINNING now woo hoo! HAPPY EASTER TO YOU AND YOUR DEAR FAMILY XOXOXO

Becky Dunham said...

This is amazing! I love this so much - I need this in my craft room! Thanks for the inspiration :) Have a blessed Easter!

Debbie K. said...

I just ADORE your wall hanging, Ms. Vicki. I love that saying and feel the same way:) Art SAVES, no doubt about it. Happy Easter to you and yours!
- DebbieK

kathy/North Carolina said...

Wow do I ever love that canvas! It is perfect for every artist/crafter out there. Love!!!

The "first" everything is hard after losing a loved one. Good for you for changing it up. Sending you a hug....

jmmonroe said...

Love your canvas it is marvelous-can you tell me about the paints you used?

Jenn "Rook No. 17" said...

Vicki, your artwork is beautiful and your son is so, so talented! Great song!

So glad to "meet" you by way of our mutual friend Malia!

Jenn/Rook No. 17