Friday, May 11, 2012

A new Altered Canvas and Art group day

I keep forgetting to share photos from last Fridays Art Group Day.  It was a fun day, hosted by Paula.  Paula's Daughter, and Granddaughter even got to join us.  It was such fun to get to chat with everyone. Actually I did more chatting than creating. lol   I had to work on my project at home later:)
The background "layout piece"  on my canvas was done with paper and elements from the  CD from Crafty Secrets, "Creating with Vintage Typography".  (The background on the canvas was created with Glimmer Mist).   You know me... I'm just learning things on my own as I go.. I'm no Photoshop expert by any means, but I'm finding the CD is very easy to use.  I'm loving Hybrid. I am blown away by the ability to manipulate things digitally, but I also love "goodies"...lol.  Being able to add vintage buttons, lace and other dimensional embellishments.  It's a great mix!


I thought I'd share some of the  girls canvases from Art Group day.  Each one is so unique and different from the other. All Beautiful! 
by: Paula Bendig

by: Paula Bendig

by: Paula Bendig
by: Jan Jenkins

Paula's Granddaughter made a canvas of her and her siblings for her mom for Mothers Day. awww

Paula's Daughter Kadi worded on this canvas for her daughters room


Some how I didn't get a photo of Jessica's, and my Photo of Stephanie's didn't turn out :(

We had lots of party favors and gifts...

and all kinds of yummy food and drink.  A good time had by all!  Thanks Paula for hosting a super fun day.


******************************************

I'm  sure it will be a busy weekend for many, and I'm not sure I'll be blogging before Mothers Day again.. so I will wish all you moms, a wonderful Mothers Day now:)


(peonies from my yard... aren't they pretty?)



Vic

12 comments:

stampqueen said...

What a great bunch of canvus's!!! Looks like a bunch of fun!!!
I really love your vase with the peonies too - they are just stunning!!!
I looked at my big lots for the candle holders but no luck - will have to try Dollar Tree tomorrow....bummer (like I really need another project waiting in the wings - hee hee :)

linda said...

I love getting your blog posts!The canvases are so pretty and those peonies are gorgeous!

julie said...

Those are gorgeous. I like how they use different elements on thair canvass. It also looks like you lady's had a great time creating. I do what you do an stead of crafting I end up talking to everybody and I don't finish, but we still have a great time catching up. By the way what kind of drink is that in the pixs it looks very very YUMMY. Have a happy Mothers Day @->-- your flowers are very lovly.Thanks for shareing, God bless you and yours. 1205love@gmail.com

pooky said...

Stunning creations!!! There all beautiful! Happy Mothers Day♥

harrahx2 said...

Ditto what Julie said,,,,what were you all drinking, looked so good! Each canvas had so much personality and so different. The picture frames will be cherished for a lifetime and beyond. Hugs and Happy Mother's Day to one of My Very Favorite Mothers!

Bettyann said...

Each canvas reflects the crafter so well..Happy Mother's Day ..

Debbie K. said...

Wonderful canvases Vicki. Looks like everyone had a great time! Your peonies are beautiful. Hope you have a very nice Mother's Day with LOTS of hugs and kisses.
- DebbieK

Becky Dunham said...

Fun projects Vicki and those peonies are gorgeous - mine are no where near ready to bloom yet. I was thinking of you today on Mother's Day.

Brenda said...

Fabulous projects! Such vivid colors!

kathy/North Carolina said...

Your canvas art is beautiful. I just bought some on clearance, and I'm nervous to start...have never done one before, but I got some good ideas from your blog....as always! Your peonies are glorious...one of my garden favorites. Hope you are having a good day.. Hugs!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Looks like a great day!!!

Julie Higgins said...

My mom so loves the beautiful peonies you brought her! You are a sweetheart:) Julie