Monday, June 04, 2012

Altered bust

Hey!!  The Great American Scrapbook Convention when great and now we are in sunny AZ and heading for Mexico the day after tomorrow. I wanted to say hello and get my post up for the linky Party... so here goes:)

It's the  first Monday of the month.... so it's time for Crafty Secrets  monthly linky party.
  We'd LOVE to have you play along.  You can pop over to the Heartwarming Vintage blog for the info, and to get the links to all the others playing along.  
I'm sharing a Altered bust I've been working on.  I used papers and elements from the new "Designing with Vintage Typography CD"  from Crafty Secrets.


I printed of the papers and images on text weight paper using  my ink jet printer. Some random pieces of my printed text paper, I added some color too, using Glimmer mist.  I then sprayed all the papers  with a light quick coat of Krylon Matte Finish to prevent any smearing or running as I started decoupaging.
I just started cutting and tearing paper pieces and adding layers, using the decoupage. I even made these jewelry pieces with elements from the CD.   The top one is added to a round silver charm, the big one that says ART... was added to the back of  one of the Tim Holtz "Fragments", and the bottom round one is decoupaged to a round wood piece.   Chains from Creative Impressions.


I LOVE these different elements on the CD.

To create your elements you can add what you want digitally or by hand.  I have used this magnifying class alone, or with the word "ART" in it, but this time I added the butterfly.

Same with the bottle. I added a little label from the CD to the bottle.


I all ways love butterflies:)



This was a fun project. I can wait to make another one.   Sometimes it's funny when your working on a project, your mind can just go wild , thinking about idea for another one right?    There is some really great "sewing themed" papers on this CD also.  Sandy did a bust in a sewing them, that turned  super cute.  You can see it here

I wanted to show you these wood knobs I did also.  Crafty Secrets will soon soon be selling these. I'll talk about them again and link to them once they are in the shop.  Sandy also had a set on the Heartwarming Vintage blog today, that she did.





Before I close , I have to show you my sweet new little friend Tyler. She and I became best buds when she did the  make and take. Here she is doing a little stamping.  What a doll! 



Enjoy the day!

Thanks for stopping by!!

                                            Vic

22 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I love your bust...lol Can't believe I am saying that!
It turned out spectacular...makes me want to do another one to go with the one I did.
Thanks for sharing and inspiring

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

The dressform is just great that way. I like the bits of Glimmermist, I'm always attracted to those shimmery colors.

Connie Mercer said...

Turned out amazing!!!

Elaine A said...

Vicki -

I'm having bust envy - sorry, couldn't help myself!! Truthfully, a wonderful piece of art. I love dressforms so this really made me sit up and pay attention. And those wooden knobs, so sweet and cute! Can't wait until those are in stock!

Elaine Allen

Gloria Westerman said...

Love how you did your bust!! really cool!!!! and the door knob are so awesome....gotta tried that....and you little friend did a good job on her stamping....thanks for sharing....

Jane Wetzel said...

Fabulous bust Vicki! Also love those little knobs-very cool :)

Renee said...

Oh I have GOT to make some of those necklaces and the knobs, they turned out so beautifully!!! LOVE the altered bust, great idea to spray with Krylon first, I hadn't thought of that. I always have a problem with stuff smearing or dripping when decopauging. Your new friend is adorable!!!! Hope you're having a blast in Mexico!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What fun..Love all the projects, must try the knobs..and thanks for the tip on the Krylon spray. Always a fun stop.

jan said...

Beautiful art! The knobs will be fantastic fun!! I already have some ideas :)

Debbie K. said...

Your bust is beautiful, Ms. Vicki! What a great project that must have been and so much fun to make. Love the knobs too. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your trip:)
- DebbieK

Pearl Maple said...

Fabulous creation full of lots of interesting details

pooky said...

Great piece Vicki!!! Love all the layers! I can see some real talent in your new best bud!! Have a fun day:0
♥Bev

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh goodness that looks like a fun project! She is gorgeous and has been quite a hit here at the ball! Thank you so much for attending!

Carol

Judy McCarthy said...

What a great effect.Love your work.Thanks for sharing.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautifully done! Love the words and the other graphics you tucked in here and there.

Beansieleigh said...

Love seeing your work here today, Vic! The jewelry is a wonderful touch too! What an inspiration, and it was very nice meeting you via The Dress Form Ball! ~tina

Nanna said...

so funny to hear everyone talking about "your bust" LOL!but we know what we mena lol! great job on her & your little friend Tyler is adorable!
Helen

Createology said...

Lovely. This is such a fun event and meeting all the ladies is such a pleasure. Dancing the night away...

20 North Ora said...

Your dress form bust is so pretty. Love the printing paper on your creation! Really pretty. Coming over from Polka Dot Closet.

Judy

Kelly_Deal said...

Love Love Love your dress form! Gorgeous!

The Porcelain Rose said...

So pretty! I love her!
I purchased several of these forms and had planned to do something very similar.
Thank you for inspiring me!!
Ball hopping. Such fun!
Off to see more.
Will visit again soon.
Elizabeth

Laurie said...

Your gal turned out really nice! And those knobs are cute, too!