Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Always

Hey friends! Those two weeks seemed to go by pretty darn fast to me. lol  I got back late yesterday afternoon.  Always good to be home... but it was certainly sad to say goodbye to the ocean and to my  dear friends yesterday.   I have lots of unpacking and laundry to get working on , but first a quick post with a few photos to share.

Maybe it's because I've always been a Nebraska girl all my life, so the ocean is not something I see everyday.....   But...... Oh.... how it soothes my soul!  I love the ocean!

When we were going thru things at moms I ran across these photos, and they just made me smile.  My very first trip to the ocean... back in "1974".    Yep..that's me on the far right with the long red hair an rolled up jeans. lol    My brother Ray next too me, then my niece Amy and sister-in-law Linda.   My brother and his family then lived in California.

Yeah... I'm pretty sure I was loving it from that moment on :)

While we are in Mexico, the place we stay at is right on the beach, so every morning I could get up and just walk off the back patio, and see all kinds of beautiful things.

The photo below is from the patio doors.    Lets just say this much... we weren't inside watching TV at all!

I miss it already


And making it all even better.... I got to spend it  with amazing people.
Lynda, Sandy, Scott and Leslie.  We had connecting places. It was awesome!


We spend lots of time on the beach. (even this Nebraska girl is not "frog belly white" anymore) lol


It's kind of hard to see..but the limes we have in our mouths,. say  RCPM on them.   (Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers).  We were there to see their show on the beach Circus Mexicus on Saturday night.
left the right , me, Lynda, Heidi, and Sandy

Speaking of RCPM.  This is a favorite well know lines from a RCPM song.....


....
.... and the inspiration for Scott's new Tattoo.   The glyph is also RCPMs symbol.  He got the tattoo in Phoenix the we got back.  My nephew Taylor is a tattoo artist in Phoenix and made time to give it to him Sunday on the return trip.   Scott has been talking about getting this for some time.. so now it's done.  he had, had it for about 5 minutes when I took this photo:)




All I can see it RCPM fans  are the truest I have ever seen :)   I'll share more photos from the show later..but I love this one that was taken with my other Midwestern friends.  They are from Iowa. We met several shows ago, and now see each other when they come to Omaha and Lincoln shows also. Good people!   ( and clever with their photo ideas too! You know I love that! lol)



Ok.... I'll share more soon..but off to unpack.      I have some exciting news to share about a new adventure with my dear friends Catherine Scanlon and Nathalie Kalbach SOOOON.. and I can not wait.  Stay tuned for



Pop over and like our page on facebook ... pretty please :)

The cat will be out of the bag VERY SOON ...yay!!

Hugs to you my friends!


Vic

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad that you are home safely. Looks like you guys had a blast!!

Gail S. said...

vcki - It looks like you had a WONDERFUL time! I need to get my hubby to take a vacation like that!
I am a former California Girl and moved to Nebraska when I was 15 (in 1977) so I grew up around the ocean and I miss it alot. We used to take the bus to the beach and spent a week every summer camping by the beach. Many memories!
Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see your suprise :) Gail S.

pooky said...

Welcome back Vicki!!! Makes me want to go back seeing all the fun you had! Already liked the whatevers on FB! Can't wait for that!
♥Bev

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Thanks Vic for being the best ever friend and travel comrade! You made the entire trip so much more fun!!
hugs
sandy

Renee said...

Liked the Whatevers on FB :) Can't wait to hear what it's all about! thanks for sharing your vacay pics, looks heavenly!

Jen @ Today's Rabbit said...

Looking for someone in the PHX area who does the glyph tat well! Where does Tyler work??