Thursday, June 21, 2012

Gone Junk'n

Had some fun, hitting some of our favorite haunts with my sister the other day.  I thought I'd share some photos from the day.   I had originally planned on sharing some 4th of July projects today, but forgotten one of them posts on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog "tomorrow", SO... I'm waiting one more day.  I'll put them in my next post :)

It was so great to get to spend some time with my sis the other day. I hadn't seen her since before I left for Texas. We had a great day!

I swear, there are so many cool things to look at in the upstairs of this place, you could walk around up there all day, and still find fun things to look at.......... well, that is, if you come on a day that the weather is absolutely perfect. lol    In the winter it's freezing... and in the summer.... SO hot up here.  I'm sure it's impossible to heat or cool that entire second floor area. Especially in such an old building. But boy is it cool!  ( not temperature wise) lol    
We hit two of our favorite places in Columbus,  before heading to Fremont.


Oh... for the love of Pyrex!!

There is something just fun about seeing so many different styles of chairs in these rooms... all just lined up on rows.

If you see dolls in any of our shopping excursion photo... you can bet they are my sisters. She always finds the sweetest faced dolls.   Oh..and that vintage beach bag... Well it's for Neely, our California girl :)  Today is her Birthday!   Happy Birthday Neely Jo!



My sis also found this awesome juicer!

I didn't realize alot of towns have these.  I saw this in Waterloo, and thought it was funny.

We always have to stop in and see what new at  "The Junction" in Fremont.... and say hi to Pete :)
He's always there to greet the customers when they come in the door.  I LOVE Pete!

Okay, so as you can see by this photo, I'm pretty much loving Pyrex bowls right now. lol    I've been collecting alot of solid ( or striped)  primary colored bowls  this past year. I just love them. But I MUST stop! My cupboards say.. no more!
I'm planning to paint that awesome metal stool  Aqua, and the old case will be used for an altered project.


So we hear now..that there is two other flea markets this coming weekend.   I either need to stop going or get another job! lol   I told my sis... "well we can just go look, but I need to try to be good",  She is such an enabler!  She knows her dishes and the best prices.. and can find a chip in a heartbeat! lol     I laugh and say....... " so you can say to me ... But Vic, it's a great price and in really good shape!"   lol           We defiantly enable each other! lol

Okay.. thanks for letting me share.  Tomorrow I will share projects, I promise:)


Have a GREAT day my friends!

Vic




9 comments:

Bettyann said...

isnt it fun to have a good partner in crime? lol have fun

Gail S. said...

Oh Vicki!! How fun that your Sister and you got to get away and spend some time Junkin'. Love all of fun things you posted. I love Fire King dishes and try to scoop them up!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I have a real "thing" for glass bowls. I have had to stop. But one time, at a yard sale I found a gorgeous set of blue Pyrex bowls in fantastic condition for only $2. I had to buy them. And I use them all the time.

I would loooooooove to be able to transport myself to Gone Junk'n. Looks fantastic! Glad you had a fun day!

Jan Hennings said...

Love how you display all your treasures :) It's hard to beat a good day of junkin:)

Jane Wetzel said...

Absolutely LOVE to "junk" and LOVE your junkin adventures! tfs Vicki :)

julie said...

Oh my gosh how fun, I love the juice maker. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

Debbie K. said...

Junkin' is one of my favorite past times too, Vicki! Looks like you both had a great shopping trip and love the photo of cute Pete!!
- DebbieK

harrahx2 said...

That red bowl is beautiful. I love red in the kitchen as Iknow you do! I own the orange and yellow pyrex dishes....just like the ones in the photo and mine are about 45 years old! I love your Junk....Junk is stuff you throw away, Stuff is Junque you keep! Oh yeah!

Country Liv . . . said...

Hey sweet friend! I am with you in spirit when you go junkin' but would so love to actually BE there! I want me some pink Pyrex! Never seen pink before (salmon maybe?). My mom had a stool very similar to yours that she painted red to go with her fruit themed kitchen and her prized red checked porcelain topped table! I have looked for one for myself but have never seen one-the chairs-but not the table. Dan is going to have to build on to the house for all your precious junk to have a home!
Thinking of you,
Liv