Saturday, June 23, 2012

Junkstock... and other vintage love

Oh... friends.. I have been roaming the paths to vintage goodness.. WAY to much lately. lol  I need to stay home and get some things done! ( I know.. not as fun right) lol    We started yesterday morning at 9am, in line for Junkstock... and the day went from there :)   I found some goodies I just love.  


I have lots of photos a thought you want enjoy seeing , from the day.  I always love seeing photos of fun events like this, I'm hoping you do to. 
There is so much going on lately, the Fourth of July is sneaking up on me.  Before I drown you in flea market photos, I thought I'd share some projects fitting for the fourth.
The banner below was done with paper and alphabet letters from the newest CD from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage... "Creating with Vintage Typography".   There are just so many cool things on this CD!  (and I love that I can make the letters whatever size I need)

If you want to see more on how I created this banner, you can see the glitter technique on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog, in this post.



This simple digital layout was done using CD 1  "Creating with Vintage Patterns" . All the elements on the page are from the CD.


And earlier I showed you these tags and pinwheels  that will make a fun arrangement for the Fourth.  I used papers from CD 1 "Creating with Vintage Patterns" and the "American Beauty" Clear Art Stamps from Crafty Secrets.


Like I said before...there has been a lot going on. Summer is busy!  This weekend is our small town celebration.   Hope to attend the parade tomorrow and take in some of the events in the park.  
 "Old Settlers Days".

*******************************************

Okay, back to sharing photos from yesterday at Junkstock.


It was such a gorgeous morning .. and with a great breeze.


lots of vendors, and LOTS of people.


So many cute things to look at.

I love to see people finding a cool purpose for old things.   Look at the chicken feeders, holding flowers.



I love this idea...but I don't have a wall space available that , that would be fitting for.  It demands attention, doesn't it?   I can just see my husbands face if I hung this on the wall.lol I love it, and although he never says anything about the things I do around the house... I think this would catch him  off guard just a bit. hahahah



Like I said, it was a beautiful morning, so that just added to the experience.  My sis and I both commented a number of times, what am enjoyable day it was.





After leaving Junkstock we decided we would drive to Wahoo and see what the flea market there was like.  We had heard it wasn't going to be too big...but we were pleasantly surprised.  We both found some fun things, and the entire set up was just so cute.







Vintage fun around every corner yesterday:)

I worked on cleaning up my goodies today, and I got the plants I wanted to put in the aqua suitcase.  I'll take a photo and share soon, but I stacked the aqua in the red, lined it with a plastic container ( to protect it), and planted white impatiens in it, to set on the porch by the front door.
 The yellow one is a roller skate case. (the roller skates where still inside:)     I'll be putting that one in my studio.


The day was so nice, and to top it off ( after a yummy dinner), I had a great drive home.  I LOVE driving in the car by myself with good music!   So this was just the icing on the cake.


Choice of music:
I always like to share good music, so here's my new favorite CD.  We saw them in Mexico for the first time.  The were the opening show.     Sons of Bill


Here's my favorite song from the CD, but really like them all.  Defiantly plan on purchasing their other CDs.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPzLl1P5zlc

                                                                  Enjoy!

PS.  don't for get ... your invited to play along with us.
WHATEVERS

Read all about it here, or see us on facebook
we're having fun and would love to have you join us
remember you can play anytime. One time, or month!


Nat Kalbach  Catherine Scanlon  Vicki Chrisman



                  Ok..now I'm really finished :)                    
                                                      Vic

11 comments:

Susie said...

Vicki, I enjoyed this post so much :)
Love the photos from your "junking" adventures. Especially enjoyed seeing the treasures you brought home! My husband & I went to a farm toy show yesterday, that also had a small flea market. I found an old wooden cheese box that I brought home (for a great price) to use for die storage.
Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Debby said...

I love your junk adventure. So much fun. Thanks for sharing.

sandy said...

What great finds! Enjoyed the photos of the "junking" markets. Lots of fun treasures there!
I just found you here and will follow. Hope you'll stop by for a visit!
sandy

harrahx2 said...

Okay, was the red suitcase a doll carrying case? It seems I had one when I was a kid. Loved it so much. You find the best Junque! Hugs missy.

Debbie K. said...

So glad you had a great day, Vicki. Love the wheel 'photo holder'. How clever! Have a wonderful week...
- DebbieK

pooky said...

What a super fun day!!! I love all the cool goodies you found! Wish we had something like this where I live:(
Have fun with your finds:)
♥Bev

Renee said...

Love seeing photos from your shopping excursions! It's like living vicariously through you!! Hubby complains too much when I shop so I have to limit it!

Simply Bungalow said...

Loved seeing your pictures from Junkstock.
~Heidi

Linda E. said...

I really enjoy your junkin' adventures and seeing what all you guys find. It's like being there with you and I love that kind of thing. Thanks for sharing it.

Susan said...

What a treasure trove of goodies you got! Sounds like a really fun day with your sis.

Angela said...

I really wanted to check out Junkstock but I had a family member in the hospital. Glad you shared pics! I hope they do it again next year!