Saturday, July 21, 2012

ART Canvas

Some days you just have to play... with COLOR.  It wasn't in the plan for the day, but then again, maybe that's what made doing it so fun. 


My sister has been there the past couple of days, so that we could work on some things for our little fall (fleamarket/crafty) gathering, coming up this fall. We worked on a number of things and then started playing with Tattered Angels paints a bit.  My sister hadn't really played with them much, so I suggested we both just grab a canvas, and I would show her some things you can do with them, some techniques.  Well..... lets just say, we had a blast!


I'd love to give you a list of the colors I used but we we just got toooo lost in the process and I had bottles sitting everywhere and didn't think to write them down.
TA has so many gorgeous colors, you just cant go wrong.

It's just so fun to see the different effects you can get blending the colors, and using Glam and Glaze as a sort of resist.


Jan and I spent the earlier part of the day working on other things for the event this fall.


All serious stuff... no goofing off. lol

We took photos of both of our canvases that night before Jan left ..but it was already getting dark and the photos sure didn't show the gorgeous colors well at all.   I re took mine the next day,but of course Jan was already gone with hers, so I couldn't.  But here is a couple of close ups of hers, were you can see the gorgeous colors, texture and patterns.  She used a brayer on some parts of hers, and I love the patterns it made!


We had a blast!


I also wanted to share a easy recipe I found on Pinterest that I made the other day.  It was so easy, no yummy ... and healthy :)


Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil
( click on the title to get all the nutritional info and a printable version)

  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • About 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
  • 25 large basil leaves, chopped  ( I didn't use that much)
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tbsp honey (10g)
  • pinch of salt
  • Toss all ingredients together and chill for at least 20 minutes, allowing all the flavors to merge.

    I think I will try it with Cilantro instead of Basil next time... because I LOVE Cilantro.


    Don't you just love fresh the veggies and fruit in the Summer?  YUM!



    * ps*  I wanted to answer the question about how the wood pieces where put together for the photo holders in the last post.  I use HOT GLUE!  Works great for this project!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Vic

    2 comments:

    Debby said...

    I like it. Will have to look for the paints.

    Micki said...

    OMG, I love it. And what a relief to know that I'm not the only one that gets so lost in the process and forgets to write down the colors used...Absolutely love the canvas.