Monday, July 02, 2012

Altered Clock

Hey Everyone!  Hope your weekend was a good one.  I'm sure a lot of people did their celebrating this weekend.  My American and my Canadian friends!  Happy Independence Day, and Happy Canada Day to you all!  We had some 4th of July fun at the cabin yesterday. I'll share some photos further down in this post.  But first.. Today is Crafty Secrets Linky Party day, so I'm sharing a project I just finished using the newest Crafty Secrets  CD.



CD 3 Creating With Vintage Typography


My sis had given me a couple of these clocks she had picked up from the clearance isle at Hobby Lobby for $3.60.  Decided to use one of them as my base to alter with the papers and elements from the CD.   The base and clock are all one..but I have some large stands like these that are easy to come across. You could easily use a large charger plate or even a pizza pan for this project if you wanted, instead of the actual clock.


We would love to have you play along with our linky party!  All you have to do is link to a project you have created using Crafty Secrets any products, and then all your link on the Heartwarming Vintage blog :)

_____________________________________________________________________

Ok.... sharing some photos from the 4th of July celebration out at the cabins.   This photo makes me laugh...but not as much as....


THIS ONE! lol


Every year, out at the campground where we have our cabin, they have a July 4th parade, and everyone decorates and rides their ... buggies, golf carts, 4 wheelers, mini bikes ect, in the parade.   It's a fun little parade from one end of the campground road to the other.




It's fun for kids  ( Of ALL ages) lol


We 's friends spend the day with us, and joined in.

Oh.... as did my friend Deb and I.   (can't call us party poopers) lol

If your tired... you can just put your picnic table on a trailer and let you kids pull you around. lol


Just like any other parade, there are people watching from their yards. ( or squirting you with squirt guns or hoses). Actually it was hot .. so it felt pretty good.

Kate's parents also have a cabin out there. Here they are...all decked out.

Wes and princess :)

After the parade, some if Wes's friends took tubes and floated down river to the sandbar, so we went down to meet them. Wes Is driving... I'm riding:)     ...... should have thought this one thru......


because he always finds the mud!

It was a fun day all around...but I finally headed home so the kids could "Play on" with out the elders. lol  Dad had pooped out way earlier in the day.
The gorgeous sky on the ride home was a beautiful end to the day.

Keep your love of nature, for that is the true way to understand ART more and more.

- Vincent van Gogh


Vic

16 comments:

Debbie K. said...

Looks like you had a great weekend, Ms. Vicki. LOVE the photo of the picnic table on the trailer...how fun! LOL!

Shirley Sendgraff said...

Looks like a great, fun time! So happy for you! They have a parade like that out at Woodcliff, too. Darn we won't be able to go this year(. Great clock project! Love the Van Gogh quote--so true! Happy 4th of July!!Shirley

LindaC said...

Vicki, if 'you all' moved to the South you would fit right in!! lol

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wowzers! That clock is just gorgeous! Amazing!!

Looks like you all had a lot of fun!! Have a Happy 4th of July!

hugs...
Melissa

Jan Hennings said...

Looks like everyone is having so much fun! Love your altered clock, too :)

Country Liv . . . said...

How's the headache? Thought about you and hope you didn't have to suffer too long.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Glad you had a fun day...sorry about the mud! And you looked so cute!!!

The altered clock is really cool. I have one of those under a plastic dome type clocks that I had set aside to alter, and forgot about it until I saw this post. Think I'll dig it out and see what I come up with! Hugs to you, Vic!

Ellen Jarvis said...

Hi Vic ... Loved your post. The two things that made me smile most: first, loving the idea of using the large frame to focus your group shot. That's tremendously fun, and looks like something I could duplicate just using some molding and paint. COOL!

The better, deeper smile came from your pic of you post-mud with Wes driving. It reminded me of a Mom-Daughter trip I took with my princess, just the 2 of us -- a cruise that took in Key West, Grand Cayman, etc. We went on one of those beach dune buggy excursions that I SWEAR Emily was aiming for the mud puddles or for the reedy grass to whip me in the face. How I complained about her driving too fast and wrecklessly! Well, on the way back, it was MY turn to drive, and let my hair down and let loose, hit some of those bumps hard and fast and crazy and we were DRENCHED in mud. Neither of us ever laughed so hard!! What a fun, happy memory!! Now if I can just find those pics, I will definitely scrap those memories....

Thanks for the early a.m. smile!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Ali said...

Beautiful clock, Vicki, and your celebrations look like so much fun! LOL. xo-Ali

Charlotte Zweigoron said...

I have a clock making kit that has been sitting around for about 14 years. It was a Christmas gift from my daughter's husband. While re-doing my craft room, I came across it and thought... altered art. (I was not into paper crafting when he gave it to me and didn't know WHAT to do with it, so I left it in the box and have dragged it through 4 moves. You have inspired me!

harrahx2 said...

Fantastic picture of you with the mud Vicki! It just shows how much we cherish our inner child, right? The clock is, as everything you do, quite amazing. Your talent is beyond belief!

Debby said...

Love the clock. You look like you all had so much fun. Love the mud picture.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What a great post from the clock all the way down to the quote!!!

Renee said...

Stunning clock!!! The family outing pics are great, looks like a lot of fun!

2amscrapper said...

stunning clock. just my type of vintage art...

julie said...

Talking about turning back the clock. It is really pretty. You guys had a great time we all can tell. Sorry you got muddy but you know it was fun :)