Sunday, August 12, 2012

Halloween card set



Hey friends, I hope your weekend was a good one.  We have had a blast of cool weather that we are welcoming with open arms.  It's been SO hot here up until the past few days.  I've had all the windows open all weekend, and I LOVE it!   So strange, it feels "fallish".
So I guess that makes it more fitting to share this Halloween card set then :)
The papers are stamps are all from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.

Update this set is sold out.. but please see Crafty Secrets other Halloween Clear Art Stamps here and here and also their digital Halloween stamps here and here.


The papers are all from  CD 2 "Creating with Vintage Patterns"


All the cards are simple designs, but I think it's so fun to just get out papers and stamps and make a set of cards just using those same few sheets with one stamp set..
The bow below is my design and is available pre cut in my etsy HERE




\






These images on this set look so cute whether you want to color them or leave them just stamped in black.



The ivory card stock I used has specks in it, and I loved the look ,but as I look at it here, it looks like I spilled pepper all over. lol


gotta love these guys
oops.. not a card.lol  Had to toss that in for good measure. A


While I'm talking about Crafty Secrets I don't want to forget to tell you to jump over to the Heartwarming Vintage blog and snag the beautiful  image Sandy has up as a free printable for you.


***************************************************************************

Okay.. for my happy news!


I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family.                                   
                                           DAISY


She kind of looks like a "mini me" of Molly , doesn't she?? lol   She is actually much smaller than Molly.   She is one year old, house broke, doesn't bark ( well, not since she came on Friday) , and is the sweetest pup you could imagine.... but best of all, ... her and Molly seem to really like each other.


Jan and I saw her at the human society when we stopped there on Thursday.  I talked it over with Dan That night and then went Friday morning,  to bring her home for the weekend to see how her and Molly would do. It was really important to us that Molly was going to "be okay" with any new dog we were thinking about  getting.  Molly is almost 11 now and is pretty set in her ways. lol    Daisy is a year old and  playful but pretty mellow. She has seemed to realize her limits with Molly quite quickly.   Molly has surprised us with how she interacts with the pup and encourages her.  It's fun to watch.She is a sweetheart!     Tomorrow I will call and tell them, it's a big YES, go in and sign the papers and she will be ours ( or shall I say,... we will be hers).

She seems to like it here, and we're happy to have her :)





 Thanks for stopping by!

Vic



17 comments:

Donna said...

Oooh Vicki!!!! I am in love with just her photos so you must be completely smitten!!!! Yes, she does put me in mind of Molly---very sweet with gentle eyes!! Congratulations on your new precious love.....I'm wishing you many years of joy with her!!! Now be sure to give that cutie a good ear scratch from me and my Lucy....
:)

Susan said...

Congrats on your new pup - she is darling! Love your Halloween cards - but they are the last thing from my mind in this terrible heat. Can you send that lovely cool weather down here?

Haunted House said...

Haunted house
http://bestforhalloween.com
Horror and Halloween Link Directory. Add your site for free. Horror authors, Halloween props, Halloween sound, Halloween costumes, Haunted houses, all horror related sites are welcome to join.Scary House

Jan Hennings said...

total cuteness today...sweet Daisy and adorable Crafty Secrets projects :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

She looks like a real love. So happy for you...and for her. Yay!

This card set is just fantastic. The design on each card is wonderful and the colors just pop. You don't often make cards, so it's fun to see your cardmaking skills once again.

Enjoy your new baby. Bet she'll spark new life into Molly...that's often the way it works. Hugs to you, dear Vic!

Ellen Jarvis said...

Oh, Vicki, what's driving Miss Daisy? She looks like bubble gum, Silly Putty, rubber bands, and a lot of love all rolled up in one. What a sweetie! Thank you for sharing her beautiful picture. She is as lucky to have you and your family (including Molly), and it seems like you'll have fun with her too!

Your Halloween cards are lovely. I've ordered my stamps already, thanks to your recommendation, and have already started coloring my digits for my Halloween banner. Bring on autumn!

Fondly,
Ellen - CardMonkey

Brenda said...

Wow, these cards are so incredible! Love the colors! Welcome to Daisy!

Gail S. said...

I love little Miss Daisy!! Soo sweet! Also love the cards you made - Halloween will be here before we know it. It felt like fall was in the air yesterday!

Sarah said...

I love all of your Halloween cards but especially the pretty polka dot bow and the "peppered" paper.
Miss Daisy has found a good home...who could resist those soulful eyes!

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

It's a GIRL and I couldn't be happier for you and your little family! CONGRATS!!

harrahx2 said...

She is so photogenic Vic! Naturally, she would be. Love the cards and that stamp set is so cute! Your bow makes that one card just so cute...love those bows. The speckled paper and all your papers are just perfect!

Debbie K. said...

Your cards are adorable and Daisy is just precious! LOVE her and congrats on adding a new addition to your family:)

Julie said...

Oh my...I am so jealous! Wish I could have talked my husband into two dogs when we got Ellie:) Daisy is precious! What a lucky dog to have your family and Molly! Congrats new mama:) Julie

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Vic, Scott & I are so happy you and Dan got your new doggie Daisy and she is beautiful! You can tell by her eyes she is a sweetie and will fill your heart and home with puppy love!

MYSAVIOR said...

Welcome to Daisy!!

♥♥♥
Sue

stampqueen said...

Such a cute pup!!! She looks very sweet!!
I was home this last weekend for my Nieces wedding but didnt have a whole lot of time but I was just blissful about the weather - boy was it hard to come back to the swelter here on tuesday!
My DD had 2 interviews with ROTC instructors at UNL, then we had one day we ran to Norfolk to visit my 3rd Grandma, helped Mom with her booth at the county fair in West Point, and then we spent Monday shopping in Omaha and went to super with my Hubbys sister and niece.
Love your Halloween cards!!! I love the green DP and the stamps are just too cute!!!

malia said...

Daisy is adorable... and she looks so happy to be with you! Congrats!!!