Sunday, August 19, 2012

On the road with Saint Motel

   We've been teasing you for weeks about this fun little creative  project we've been working on.  Here it is ..the day is finally here!    What's it all about?   Well, it was the perfect opportunity to combine my love of music with my love of art...... AND get to ask some artist I love and whose work I admire, to participate with me in a project. ( see who is participating, below).   We are using the Cover from the new release "Voyeur" from  the band  Saint Motel for our inspiration. ( you can see the CD cover below).  I've been listening to this bands music, and loving it. I'm posting a video at the bottom of this post so you can have a listen, but you can hear more here.
  I love how this whole idea just fell into place, it's been a blast.  And now I'm so excited and can not wait to see what the other girls have created.   Who is participating?    

So.. lets get started.  Here's is mine. 

I used this project as an opportunity to stretch myself creatively.  I did a little drawing (which I haven't really done much of for years), and water color painting.
You can see below, the inspiration for our creations. 


I don't know if you noticed , but I used this( below) symbol for the beaks of the birds :)



Loved this saying, and thought it fitting.


Creating  this project was so fun, and working with the band and these talented girls was such a great experience.   (Huge thanks to Matt also :)



Even Daisy got in on the fun :)    You should check out the band on facebook and see the fun photos that their fans have posted of things they have done with "The eyes".  Saint Motel on facebook



The band......  Saint Motel







And a Video for your view and listening pleasure :)   Puzzle Pieces"



**The band will be posting our work ( individually) on their blog, so keep watching here on the Saint Motel blog
I will link here on my blog each time one of us is posted ..so you can check it out :)


I am SO excited to see the girls projects, and I know you are also, so here are the links to their blogs. Enjoy!

 


Thanks for sharing in our fun!

Vic



12 comments:

mrich2500 said...

I absolutely love what you created...1st the eyes & beak crack me up...but you remained true to your style!!!

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

I love that you started drawing -- you are GREAT at it and should do it more. Your page is amazing and I love it -- and you - to pieces! HUGS sweetest friend. xo.

Vicki said...

Fab card! Love the bird beak logo and Daisy's altered look!!

suzieq23 said...

I am going to comment on the music. Music and group very quirky. Really like the song and the video. but.....the barfing in the toilet....have to think about it.

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Fabulous Vicki! Great idea to include the video ;)

Paula said...

Ohhh I love your take on this...those birds simply make me smile! :)

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Love the quote and the birds - LOL- so much fun!!!!

Erika Taylor said...

This one made me giggle and smile. I love those little birdies and your paintbrush hehe

harrahx2 said...

Love the drawing and the beak is phenominal! Vicki, I swear, you could have fun cutting toenails! Hugs.

Louise said...

...Im so stealing your words for this!.......This art makes me happy!!!! :) :) :)

malia said...

So cool Vicki!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

This is fabulous. Adore the concept.