Friday, August 10, 2012

Pretty "old" .. NEW frames

Nothing I love more than finding something unwanted or unused giving it new life.  I have a good size box of frames in my supply closet that were just really needing to have something done with them.   I really love this first frame but it had a chip out of it, on the inside edge of the opening.  (the spot where they are strategically placed flowers and ribbon now :)  It was a gorgeous frame, and I wasn't about to throw it away so now , it lives on. lol
I have these frames posted on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog HERE, if you'd like to read more about them and what adhesives I used.      All papers and images are from Glitz, “French Kiss” line.




Like I was saying I really love this first frame and it's quite heavy and vintage, but these next frames are all from the $ Store, and they were very fun to work with also.

I bought a number of these when I saw them, and have used them in quite a few projects.  They are plastic and very light weight, but you would never know it by looking at them.  They originally came with a mirror in them, which I removed.  They were a gold color and I just spray painted them cream.  Instead of it being free standing I decided to hang with with ribbon.

This next one was a chunky frame. I decided to use it this way instead, so I cut a piece of chipboard to put over the glass.



One more ... a basic black frame.       All of these are quick to do and inexpensive too.  Why not revamp an old frame and enjoy it a while longer rather then getting rid of it?


Ok.... head for your closet and see what you have for old frames. lol

******************************************************************


I have have to tell you ... My sister is AMAZING!   Look what she brought when she came for a visit yesterday.  Cherry Limeade Cupcakes.   Holy Moly...... YUMMY!




Now that I've distracted you ... and your looking for something sweet to eat instead of frames to alter. hahah


Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

Vic

6 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

OK, Vic...I just got up, have my morning cup of tea and BAM!!! Cherry limeade cupcakes? The image of those little gems will be taunting me all day long! LOL

Your frames are gorgeous. I also have a box full of old frames, begging to be altered. I should get them out and play with them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Susie said...

Wow Vicki, you've inspired me once again! Love what you've done with those frames. That first one just gorgeous! You've inspired me once again!
Oh and...I really want one of those yummy looking Cherry Limeade cupcakes!

Brenda said...

Those frames are gorgeous! I have a heap of frames here, now I know what I can do with them. As for those cupcakes....yum, my mouth is watering just thinking about them.

harrahx2 said...

Beautiful frames Vicki and I want the recipe for the cupcakes. She has the patience of a saint. Now I am hungry...... : (

Debbie K. said...

Ms. Vicki, you are so funny! First you tease us with your beautiful frames and then you make us drool for cupcakes....lol! Have a great week;)

Debbie K. said...

P.S. Love 'chatting' with you ANYTIME, Vicki. I have a feeling we are kindred spirits:)
d kaste at wi dot rr dot com