Friday, August 03, 2012

Simple things

Sometimes it's just the simplest things that are best.  I found this platter for $2 at a sale a while back and I just love it.   When I come downstairs in the morning, and come around the corner, this is the spot of the counter in the kitchen I see first, so I always love to set up simple little vignettes of here, and change them out often.  Great way to start the day.
Every time I bring home flea market or thrift store finds like these, I find myself wondering where they came from.  I wish I new their story :)

Speaking of simple things.   I thought I'd show you a couple of  little pin cushions I made recently.  Dan always wants me to sit and watch a movie, but I'm not much for just sitting and watching TV (probably because if I sit that long without working on something, I'll fall asleep on the couch) lol
Don't get me wrong, I "listen" to TV all the time. I usually have it on while I'm working in my room, if I'm not listening to music. I just need to be doing something other than just sitting and watching.  So, when I watch a movie, I work on simple projects, like these.    ( that way, no one needs to ask me .. " Vic ...are you watching this or sleeping"? lol





It's true, sweet simple little things make me happy.  This little "catch all"  shelf hangs on the wall next to my work table in my room.  It seems that it has become the random knick knack holder of tiny sweet little things I love.  Not that they all have any extra special meaning, nothing worth alot of money, just Simple little things that make me smile when I look at them.
Do you have any Simple little things around your house that make you happy?  I'd love to hear what you makes you happy when you look at it, or catch it out of the corner of your eye,as you head to the washer to throw in another load :)    A stack of your favorite fabrics, a pot of flowers on your porch, a photo of the grand kids on the end table???

Here are a few of mine... (other than my little corner of the kitchen counter)lol.
My pink retro phone that sits on my desk, that Jarad gave me for Mothers Day one year.   My moms Rolling pin that sits on top of the frig. ( those have special meaning of course ;)   All the different pretty ribbons that hang in my studio, waiting to be used :),  my dog, laying sprawled out in the hallway.  Jars of buttons!!! ( I love buttons).  Looking out my back window and seeing nothing but cornfield.   Oh ... I could go on and on.
I'd love to hear some of yours :)





Oh.. and just a reminder. Monday is Crafty Secrets linky party and we'd love to have you play along.  Easy!  All you have to do is make a project  ( card, layout, altered piece.. anything)  incorporating Crafty Secrets into it and link it on the Heartwarming Vintage blog.  




Have a Great Weekend Friends!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Vic



6 comments:

annemarks said...

I love the pincushions and the cheery tulips on their platter. Yes I try to have little areas of fabness but I always seem to be trying to clear clutter, which is mainly stuff my family dump all over the place lol :)

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Vicki :) gosh, havent been here for a bit and ALL this eye pleasing goodness overwhelms me ! lol ADORABLE pin cushions..and yes, I try to have my areas of "art-ness" that I love :) Right now I am enjoying a vintage box camera I picked up on the way to CHA in Chicago no less! Hope you are well- love seeing your doggie here too :)

Susie said...

Those pin cushions are so sweet...and I spied one of your pretty die cut bows :o)
Oh my. I love your yellow platter with the red accents! That kind of find is right up my alley!
Well, I have lots of little things around our home that make me smile.
I have a couple of groupings of old crock bowls that I've picked up at auctions. Ahhh...I love the variety of colors :) Oh, and I have some old wooden printers blocks that spell out "stamp". They're sitting on my desk so that I see them each time I'm at my computer! Also, I have a very old ceramic chair (about 5 or 6 inches tall) with a pin cushion in the seat. One my grandmothers gave this to me back in the 1970's. It's also on my desk. It reminds me of her; and that makes me smile.
Well. I guess I could go on and on! I didn't intend to be so long-winded.
Anyway, I love this post on "simple things"! It sure made me smile :o)

harrahx2 said...

I seem to have some silly teddy bears. One in a bathing suit sitting on the life guard chair. Another is in fishing gear. Just little ones and they are so silly. Plus my collection of little chairs. Just fun. Women love containers, don't we? LOL

Elena C said...

What a fun question!!! I love family photos! We all live in different states and visits are not as often as I would like (every day?) I love my family!!! Just walking past any of the pics displayed, brings me joy!!!

julie said...

Love those pin cushions and those would make great Xmas gifts. I LOVE your paper roll holder, with your little dolls so cute. Thanks for sharing,God bless.