Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Simply "Witchy"


 I'm on a Halloween roll here folks, so I'm just going to go with it okay?  I usually don't have this much of a jump on Fall and Halloween things, but with us having this flea mart and craft sale the second week in Oct, I have been working on things to sell.
     My sis and I have done a number of "witchy" dress forms in different sizes.  Here is one of the      larger ones I just finished.

The image in the pendent is from the Halloween Time Cuts.  (Crafty Secrets)  Oh these Halloween images are near and dear to me :) They are the very first Crafty Secrets products I ever used, years ago, and they are still some of my very favorites.


The papers I used on this are from Crafty Secrets  CD's.   I love that they have black and white png files on all their CD's, that way you can print them on whatever color cardstock you choose or do like I did here, and print on white cardstock and add color with Glimmer Mist.   I used AccuCut die Borders #4  for this .


Can you say... alot of black glitter. lol


This Shoe template  is on CD 2 "Creating with Vintage Illustrations"   Instead of added the paper heel I painted these little wood pieces and hot glued them on.   I used  my AccuCut Bow die for the paper bows on the shoes.

Susie Wittwer make darling little shoes of her own and often uses my bow die on them.  You can see some of hers   HERE   The bows pre cut are here in my etsy.



**********************************************************************

I wanted to also remind you all, that the "Whatevers" would love to have to play along this month, (any month. or all months).   Super easy .. each month Nat Kalbach Catherine Scanlon and I post a photo for the month and share a creation and story that we each have done with the photo.   We don't know these people..but we want them to have a story. (umm.. so we just make one up :)  Anyway..it's just all kinds of creative fun, so come play along, wont you?

 Here is a little recap

  • Cat, Nat and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
  • Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
  • If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you – just right click on it to safe it to download and show us your version of The Whatevers.
  • There are no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
  • There are no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
  • There are no rules on the art form you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an art journal page – WHATEVER
  • Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
  • These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
  • If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post,  but your link must be about the Whatevers story you have created.
  • You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page www.facebook.com/WhateversCreativeStorytelling 

















Feel free to grab our blinkie

Here is this months photo


 


 Come on.. get creative with us :)


Thanks for stopping by!

Vic

12 comments:

busymartha said...

Love your dress, shoes and pendant! I'm afraid that I will be in the Halloween zone for a while myself. Once I get started, I can't stop!

Maggie said...

I LOVE it Vic!! So pretty!!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi from the lake Vic, adore this cute witchy dress form and the shoes!!!
Sandy

Jan Hennings said...

love...love this!

Debbie K. said...

Your Halloween creations are wonderful, Ms. Vicki! Just LOVE those shoes - adorable!!!

Erika Taylor said...

I think I need you to create my wardrobe Vicky. LOVE IT!!!!

harrahx2 said...

Love that whole set up. I would love to come trick or treating at your house. Hugs!

Liz, said...

This is so cool,

Liz x

Terri Cook said...

I LOVE that dress form and those shoes are just stunning!

Karen Wedding said...

Love the dress. So do you sell the whole dress with the form and everything at the craft fairs? Do you have many people asking for them? I do crafts myself and am looking at changing up my craft. I do a lot of scrapbooking stuff, but love having the seasonal items to put out too.

Susie said...

Thanks so much Vicki for the "shout out" to my blog :)

Oh my goodness. I LOVE the altered dress form. Gorgeous!!!

julie said...

Love the witches dress very awesome. The shoes would be great for any fairy tale princess. Thanks for sharing,God bless.