Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Vintage Banner

Hey friends!   I had some fun making a banner or two to use for the up coming flea market. Thought I'd share.   I used papers and letters from the Creating with Vintage Typography CD from Crafty Secrets and the  AccuCut Pennant Die.

 

Creating with Vintage Typography






AccuCut Pennant Flags
I swear I could never get tired of the stuff on this CD :)  So many fun prints and patterns.   The letters are also from the CD!  Print them out the size you need, quick cutting and tah dah!


These will hang together. "Vintage Love"  :)


__________________________________________________________

Daisy had her first trip to the Cabin  yesterday and also got to meet Riley for the first time.  It was fun to see the two younger dogs play together. I think they wore each other out.  Serious panting going on in this photo. lol   Can you believe how similar they look?   Riley (Jarad and Kate's dog) on the left and Daisy, our new pup on the right.



The dogs, Jarad and I even took the new wheels to the sandbar for a little ride.   I was so happy to get to spend some time with Jarad yesterday afternoon.  He text me, saying "stop out to see the cabin progress if you have time".   I'm not about to miss a chance to get to spend some time with one of my boys... as busy as they are.. So I pushed my work aside and headed out the door.  (good excuse right?).
I can not believe how much Jarad and Kate ( with the help of friends and neighbors too) have gotten done just since June.
I went back and pulled up a photo from June 1st when they bought the cabin, then one from mid June.... and then put it with one from yesterday.  Yes..they still have alot to do, but wow!   This was a huge undertaking!    And they have done it all themselves. They spend all their days off and evenings working on this place.  Super proud of them :)




I love the new color!
I'll show you photos along the way.  They just wanted to get the new roof on and outside done before the cold weather.  
 Then I'm sure they will start on the inside.  They are busy little beavers :)


__________________________


Thanks for stopping by!

Vic




9 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your banner and yes, those dogs ARE look-a-likes! Wow! The new cabin color is awesome.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Love the banner!!!! And the cabin- so cool- I want one- LOL

Margie said...

The banner is fab - wish I could visit the flea market! Doggies are so cute and the cabin is amazing - brilliant job.

Ellen Jarvis said...

Wow, Vickie -- it's hard to believe Jared's place now is the same as the one in the "before" picture. Good for the kids that they have as much ambition and eye for potential as Jared's mom does! That is truly a work of "trash to treasure." I especially love the color, how they added the gable, and changed the front bitty window to a slider. Nicely done!

The banner is very nice! Do stop by my blog this weekend when I am hosting my fifth banner hop, and this one is my favorite of them all, the 2nd annual Halloween Spooktacular Banner Hop for Special Needs Kids. Forty crafters will donate their truly beautiful banners to me, to hang in the rooms of medically-fragile children at the home where I work.

Thank you for always inspiring me!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Gail S. said...

Love the cabin!!! We are so close to the Calamus that I would LOVE to find a cabin...maybe when I retire (haha) Love your banner and would really like to come to visit your Flea Market if I can find a riding partner to go with me!!

harrahx2 said...

All that work and a wedding to plan too? Busy and happy couple, love it. Happy momma too, I know! Love the banner girl! You need to make one for their cabin.

Angela said...

I just love banners - and your cabin color looks great! I was just in Cedar Creek, NE for a little weekend stint in a fishing cabin. I saw a bald eagle and was so excited!!

Debbie K. said...

Great looking banner, Ms. Vicki. The pups are so cute together, look like cousins...lol. Your son and future DIL sure ARE busy little beavers, aren't they?! Wow. Great work, can't wait to see what they do to the inside.

ddlady said...

Would love a chance to win varying sizes of the bags! Used some of Martha Stewart's bags a few yrs. ago for my 4 grandchildren! Have a great Labor Day!