Sunday, September 23, 2012

Feeling a bit more like Fall every day.

Are sunny, but cool Fall days just the best or what!  LOVE it!  It really is such a pretty time of the year.  Because of the Flea Market, I've been working on Fall crafts for weeks now.  The new Halloween CD from Crafty Secrets is so amazing.   These crows are just one of the fun images on the CD.  When my sister showed me these long frames she found thrifting, and wondered what she could do with them.  I could totally see these crows holding a banner.   Perfect for a long frame like this. 
She and I worked on these the other day, and I love how they turned out.  She had painted the frames black and had glass cut for them.   I printed of papers from the CD and sized the crows to fit inside the opening of the frame.

I used one of the frame images on the CD for the banner pieces , sized them to fit and added the letters to the centers.  We put them down with foam squares so they stand off the paper some.

Cool fonts on the CD also:)

I am totally smitten with this CD.
You can see more of the CD and the downloads HERE.


Have you ever had poster sized prints made of your photos?   Walgreen's was running a special so I decided to do a large print of this photo I took last Fall.

I really like how it turned out so I'm actually thinking it might be fun to to one for every season for this frame I have just as you come in the font door.


Certainly a easy and inexpensive way to have a little something new to put up each season.  Around $15 when it's not on special.   They occasionally have them for 30% off.  You can get them in a number of different sized also.  Just thought I'd share... if your needing a seasonal decor change to make you happy:)

Speaking of HAPPY.   My heart is happy because I got to spend some time with my niece Neely today. Miss getting to see her as often since she moved to CA.  I love this girl to the moon and back. With no girls of my own... I'm lucky my sis has shared her with me all these years... and let me call her "my girl" too :)



A good day


I hope yours was also


Thanks for stopping by!

Vic

8 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Clever banner and adorable frames.
Looking at investing in a new computer, and wondering what you use for photo editing.
The large fall photo is beautiful and a great idea for season changes.
I am so thankful for living in a 4 season area. It was a perfect day here today. Have a fun week

Debbie K. said...

Oh my gosh, those banners are FABULOUS! Love them as they are out of this world cute!!! The photo you took is outstanding too and a great 'welcome' as you enter your home. Glad to see you were able to spend time with Neely:) Have a great week...

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Thank you for sharing your ideas! I don't leave many comments, but I wanted to THANK YOU.
Deb

Country Liv . . . said...

Love the poster print idea! Looks so professional, like you went out hunting and found it in a gallery! Neely is looking pretty as usual; glad you got to spend some time with her.
Your crow prints and frames are also fab!
Hugs,

Linda S. said...

Hi Vicki, That photo of the fall leaf is just outstanding. That was a great idea to have it enlarged and use it for a season change-about. I hope you girls know that your Mom will be watching over you at your upcoming Craft Fair. I wish you great success with it. Linda S. in NE

harrahx2 said...

Neely looks terrific and so do you. The frames are darling! Clever girl, always. Hugs.

julie said...

Those are soooooo cool and I like the frame with the designs on the out side of it. Thanks for sharing, God bless.

malia said...

your print is gorgeous and so is your niece! xoxo