Sunday, September 09, 2012

ORANGE monocromatic

If you have been watching the Tattered Angels blog already this month you may have seen that the theme is "Color Theory", and there has been so amazing COLOR going on.  The Design Team will be  working with that theme all month, so be sure to pop over and check out the projects. The girls on that team just blow my mind with the things they create!!
I chose to work with "monochromatic" color for my project... and you guessed it.. ORANGE was my color of choice.




Monochromatic colors are all the colors (tints, tones, and shades) of a single hue.
Monochromatic color schemes are derived from a single base hue, and extended using its shades, tones and tints (that is, a hue modified by the addition of black, gray (black + white) and white. As a result, the energy is more subtle and peaceful due to a lack of contrast of hue. Monochromatic color schemes may be considered boring unless there is diversity within the design.


I have listed all the colors of Tattered Angels paints I used in my post here on the Tattered Angels blog.

I'm really enjoying using texture paste again these days. I used it quite a bit years ago, but hadn't used it much for a while.  Sometimes that's a good thing, it's like a fun  new product again, and you think of new ways to use it.   I even dug out my old big foam stamps for this project.  I love the design of this one.

It's pretty easy to really start loving shades of orange this time of year huh?  Orange never used to be one of my favorites..but that has certainly seemed to change.  Loving it now..... especially with aqua!


I'm excited about fall.  I enjoy this time of the year anyway, but I'm even more excited because of preparing decorations for the Flea Market.

I've been using so many of the great papers and images from the new "Halloween CD from Crafty Secrets".    Not only will there be a CD but they will also be offering a Halloween  Digital Download Kit.   I created this other other day with with crow image, some of the papers, borders and fonts that will be on the CD.  I love that I can print if off, big enough to be a wall plaque or smaller as a card.
This CD is going to be Great!



It's a gorgeous day here, and I still have lots of things to get painted before the flea market, so that means .. off the computer for now! lol

Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend!

Vic

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your canvas. Great color choice. Your Halloween card is super! Love those polka dots! They really pop.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow...love, love, love this color combo! Beautiful texture in your canvas, too!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, the canvas is wonderful and the bit of wire color makes everything stand out and focuses the eyes on all the detail! Love it! Smart girl. Now shoe me what texture paste looks like.

Debbie K. said...

Great looking canvas, Ms. Vicki and I love your choice of 'orange'. Lately that's been my favorite color too:)

Leann said...

Love the dimension! I just started with the mists and glam love Tattered
Angels!

Enjoy your Week!
Leann