Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Preparing... for the "Fall Festival and Flea Market"










It's inching ever closer.  Just over a week now and the fun will begin.  Lets hope it's a success and we sell alot, because my I really need to be able to pull my car in the garage this winter. lol   To think it was so clean and spacious at the beginning of Summer. ha   Pretty packed full at this point for sure.
I can't  wait until next Thursday when we set up, to get to  see what everyone is bringing.   I'm worried I will buy more than I sell. lol  I know they will all have awesome stuff.

 ( I've been collecting these containers ( above)  over the last few months with this idea in mind.  Painted them all black, and added a real pumpkins).  My house ( and garage) look so festive with all these goodies right now :)
_______________________________

Why is is whenever you have something big planned...that's when  things happen you don't have time to deal with.  Last week it was Raccoons digging up our yard, this week repairs to the well.  I think both are under control now (fingers crossed).

I have been so in love with all the gorgeous papers on the new Crafty Secrets Halloween CD ( and/or downloads)... I just keep making things with them. ( Thanks Sandy).   I made a bunch of these fun little Halloween flags.  I plan to stick some of these in my potted mums, but they would also be fun stuck in pumpkins, or the sticks cut a bit shorter for decorations for food at a festive Halloween themed get together.


Here they all are stuck in a vase with some Styrofoam in it.  I plan to sell some of these at the event, so I thought this might be a good way to display them, so they can just take out what they want.


I worked in the yard a bit this afternoon ,but need to spend some more time out there tomorrow.  When the days are as gorgeous as they have been here lately, you don't have to twist my arm one bit, to get out of my room and go outside. 






I love Fall!



Thanks for stopping by!
I hope your week is going well!

Vic

6 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love your bike with that basket full of flowers. So pretty! The little flags in a vase is such a good idea. You'll sell a ton. Just don't let yourself buy, and you'll be fine. Hoping for gorgeous weather for you...

Crabtree-Creations said...

NO RAIN!

Linda S. said...

Hello Vicki, I'm so glad to read that you still have a week to go before your big event. 'Cause...
have come up with an idea I hope you can incorporate. I cannot get that gorgeous leaf photo enlargement out of my mind, and find myself looking beside the roads as I walk a little dog everyday. (Yeah, like that same scene will just appear for my pleasure.) Anyway, I wonder if you have thought of having some more blown-ups made, maybe in a variety of sizes, and then offering them for sale at your event?? If you had time to frame a couple of sizes, but offer them framed and unframed, I bet they would sell for you. I know you have absolutely nothing to do this week, so I hope you give this some thought! :>)) Linda S. in NE

harrahx2 said...

I know your are getting anxious and excited and I am praying for perfection in weather and friendships!

Debbie K. said...

Wishing you the best of luck in your sale, Ms. Vicki. It would be so much fun to come if I didn't live so far away....Great fall photos!

Brenda said...

Great photos...I'm getting excited for you!!! I hope you have perfect weather and loads and loads of people who are eager to purchase all the wonderful things you've put together for this amazing event.