Monday, October 08, 2012

Flea Market wrap up

Well, we certainly would have loved to have a warmer weekend for our event , but it was a huge success despite the weather.  We just bundled up and made the best of it.    I have tons of photos to share, but I'm starting off with a project, since today is Crafty Secrets linky party.   I altered this vintage photo holder using paper and images from the new Crafty Secrets Halloween CD.   We'd love to have to link up and play along. All you have to do is create something with Crafty Secrets products and link it up on the Heartwarming Vintage blog.
I love this image, but there are a bunch of darling ones on the CD, so it's hard to pick :(
Oh, and I love the washi tape designs SO much!



All I'm going to say is looking out my bedroom window Friday morning .. looking out to the side yard  was CRAZY!  I just started laughing because it didn't even seem like my yard.  I was blown away by the amount of stuff we all had and how impressive it was all put out.


And to think at one point I was worried we wouldn't have enough stuff for this kind of event. lol

I tried to snap some photos before the event started to I could see the set up, and I'm so glad I did, because once I get busy, I don't pick up my camera as much ,and then I'm so bummed at the end of the day, because I don't have photos.

Below is the other side of the yard.



We had more vendors on Saturday, but  I'm so made at myself for not getting photos of their booths.  Things just move so quickly, I didn't really take hardly any photos on Saturday until the end of the day when we were finished.

Yummy stuff huh?





Like I said, the cold was NOT fun, but we took turns going on to warm up and just covered for each other.


We had lots of  people happy to carry off their new treasures.  It's always fun to see someone excited to use something that's already been well loved, in a new way.

Not only did we have lots of vintage goodies, but TONS of  food that sold like crazy.  Why didn't I take photos of the food???  grrrrr,  but we also had live music.  Thanks to my talented nephew Nathaniel. 
We even had fun photo opps, and it was a hoot to watch people take photos with their friends.










So ... after the closing at 5pm Saturday, we were all tired and chilly, so Weston ( oldest son) pulled out the retro stove  Jarad ( our youngest son) had for sale and put some wood in it and started it up. lol ( Remember we live in the country, lol)    We all gathered around the fire in chairs and toasted to a great weekend.   ( My brother in law Kieth got some great shots, since my camera was inside. I'll show them later)      We pick up the big stuff and went in to watch the Nebraska game and get some food in our bellies. lol     What fun!    SOOOOOO tired but fun!   
The time I got to spend with my family and friends was the BEST!!!  and I was so touched that so many of my friends traveled so far to come.    I am so lucky!   I just with I would have gotten photos with all of them :(


Even my dear friend from high school ( and my first room mate) Julie came from Water Town SD.


And check out the cake she brought me for my birthday.  Her sister makes awesome cakes!

How cool is that?



Huge thanks to all my friends for being so supportive, (and that means those of you online who prayed for good weather and success for us),  our families and our husbands for all their help.
We all really pulled together to make this happen.   Makes me feel so good inside that I have friends and family that will do that.  We really worked as a team!!


Now..... off for a long NAP! lol

Vic

15 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

love the cake and wish the weather would have been a little warmer for your event! It still looks like it was so much fun..:) Love your Crafty Secrets frame, too :)

Brenda said...

Glad your event was such a success. It looks like it was loads of fun and tons of hard work!

Bettyann said...

wow...great event...cake looks yummy..take care..

Julie Higgins said...

It was SO FUN!!! Thanks Vic for all you and your family's hard work!! Julie Higgins

Leann said...

I have to tell you every time that I stop by your header makes me smile!

Looks like a wonderful day - wish I could have stopped by!

Leann

Ellen Jarvis said...

Oh my, what fun (and what work!) your event was -- thank you so much for posting pics for us to enjoy. You're right -- so much yummy stuff, I wouldn't know where to begin. AS IF I don't already have enough of my own stuff. I was just telling hubster last night how we're so over-burdened by STUFF that we really do need to PURGE! We have STUFF in a 10x10 storage unit ($128/mo) that we haven't even visited in YEARS. Eeek. So the decision was made: 1-800-GOT-JUNK is our easiest bet. Take out the little bit of stuff we want and deep six the rest. Crazy, I know! THEN we have a one-car garage also with stuff that's been stored for 14 YEARS! Yup ... time to move it too. Who knows what goodies we'll find.

LOVE the Crafty Secrets stuff you do. I've gotten some of their products on your recommendation (MORE STUFF), but God knows -- NEVER touch the "stuff" that's in my craft room!!! That's a whole 'nuther story.

Wish I lived closer to have visited, though the weather .... ugh, not so much. I am anti-coat. I may have to break down and turn on the heat yet this year soon...
:*(

Love your posts!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Susie said...

I'm so glad to hear that your event was a success Vic! Brrr...it was a cold weekend in N. Illinois too. We had a big family reunion (on my birthday) Saturday. Thank goodness the enclosed shelter had a fireplace!
It was a great weekend spent with family. So blessed!
Thanks for sharing pics from your weekend...I was hoping that you would :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a great day! You had some seriously gorgeous items, Vic! So glad it was successful. Do it again?

harrahx2 said...

Cake? Tooooo darn whoot cute! Sale? Hope it was perfect and you sole lots of things. More room to collect. Sending hugs and loved the pictures, particularly the stove!

Debbie K. said...

So glad you had a great day, Ms. Vicki. Love the cake, looks really yummy:) Happy B'Day too!!!!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Geez Vic, Your show looks like it was a big success and so many items caught my eye I know I would have found some great treasures if I could have dropped by.
PS - the little framed Halloween boys off the CD are super cute

Sure wish I could have come by and give you a birthday hug!
Thanks for sharing
Sandy

Linda S. said...

I'm so glad your event was a success, and thanks for sharing it thru the pictures. Maybe your boys should have brought out and fired up that retro fireplace a little sooner. Well, maybe not...people might have gathered around that, and forgot they were there to shop! Next year you should designate one person to do nothing but go around all day taking photos. Can't wait to see more.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Looks like a great day!! Happy Birthday - sorry I'm late!

Furniture refinishing said...

i just love the cake..

Sarah said...

I wish I lived closer so I could have come to your sale. It looks like you had oodles of good stuff to sell.
Love the things you are making with the new CD.
Belated BD wishes, too.