Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hanging Luminaries

Last week I did a tutorial for the Fancy Pants blog on how to make these hanging luminaries.  You can get a complete list of supplies, direction and step by step photos HERE :)  I'd love for you to pop over and check it out.

Pretty easy to make too.   Ask me that again after I finish making them for the wedding. lol

________________________________________________________

Still working on helping Daisy understand the "Chrisman Household rules"   No potty in the house, come when we call, and dont pester Miss Molly every waking minute of the day. lol  
Like I said before, I just hate saying "Daisy NO" to her so many times a day.   SO..... now we have a "No No can" :)      I read online somewhere there using a can and putting a few pennies in it, is a great training tool.  Seems like it's working pretty well to get her to stop a bad behavior anyway. 
Of course I could not have just a random can of coins sitting around.. it bugged me. lol   So now .. it's atleast kinda cute. lol



Yeah... well.. in the end, she's still ruling the roost.  That's MY pillow she's enjoying so much. lol

Just had to share with you my new paint brush holder.  Awesome red vintage boots gifted to me after the flea market.  Thanks P!

Fall is in full swing here.  OFFICIALLY now that they cut the corn right behind the house.  I know Summer is really over when this happens.   ( photo take from my studio window)  I love living in the country!

10 years ago this week my brother Gary passed way.  Maybe that's whats really got me thinking about mom and missing her so much.   Had her on my mind so much this week, Gary and Dad also.  I know they are in a better place and their suffering is over, that I am thankful for ..but boy I sure miss them.   I was thinking about how mom and I would always take drives in the country when the leaves are changing. We would go to Fontanelle  to the Apple Barn every year and get apples to bake pies. We started the tradition when the boys were little and  just never stopped. Once they were grown and out on their own, we still went :)     I was looking back thru photos from last year when we went.  I had to smile when I saw this one , because she thought I was so silly, asking her to stand here for a picture, but she humored me and did it anyway.   Oh ... I treasure the memories with her!



The photo below is one of my favorites from our rides along the ride bluff.


It's defiantly feeling like Fall, which is making me feel like making SOUP.    I couldn't decided on split pea and ham or home made chicken noodle..............so............ I made both this afternoon.  Looks like it's going to be soup here a couple of nights this week. lol

Hope you are all doing well, and enjoying the cooler days.

Thanks for stopping by!

Vic




12 comments:

Brenda said...

These are awesome luminaries! Love this idea. I love, love, love your boot paint brush holder...it is so unique and fun!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh what a fun photo post. Love the boots, the JD Tractor could be my back yard, however we've finished all the fields last week. What a relief!! And today we had rain,and actually on Friday night thunder and lightening.
Your little post on your Mom..a great fun photo..Took mom on a drive thru our neighboring park for the best fall colors we've ever had here and she enjoyed it so much. I am so thankful to have both parents yet. Enjoy today

Ali said...

Ahhhh, Vicki! What a beautiful set of luminaries! So pretty. Your lovely pics of the local scenery remind me of our beautiful Annapolis Vqlley at this time of year- apple harvests are in full swing here BTW!! ~Thanks for sharing the memories of your Mom, she sure was a happy lady. Great memories. As a mom to kids who ride, the boot paintbrush holder looks like perfection to me! WTG! :) Thanks for your post- as always, it made my DAY! :) xoxo ~ Ali

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

My "baby boy" was married yesterday, and the bride did a series of 3 jars, partially filled with water and floating candles on each table. She had a ribbon streamer in there too...very pretty! And the jelly jar luminaries are beautiful...saw those at a wedding two weeks ago.

Jan Hennings said...

So sorry for your difficult week. Thinking of you :) Love this picture of your mom...such a sweet woman :) LOVE your newest four legged friend and am happy to hear that you are sharing your pillow :)

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 1 post on Oct. 14, 2012. Thanks again.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 1 post on Oct. 14, 2012. Thanks again.

Susie said...

Those red boots are just too cute!
The luminaries are sweet. Of course, I love all your projects though!
Thank you sharing the family memories. I've been doing a lot of reminiscing the past few days. We lost one of my dear uncles on Wednesday. Only one of my Mom's siblings remains now. Mom passed in 2004. Lots of wonderful memories. I'm so blessed to come from a loving, caring and close family. Again, thanks for sharing so much of your life with us Vicki!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

your work and your blog is just pure eyecandy!!!

Debbie K. said...

Oh Ms. Vicki, your photos are so cute. Love the one of your Mom. She was such a sport!

I know what you are going thru in missing those who've passed but they live Forever in our hearts, that's for sure.

Your 'no no can' is adorable and so is the cute photo of Miss Daisy!!! The luminaries are terrific. I can't WAIT to see all the sweet things you create for the upcoming wedding.... Such fun!!!

harrahx2 said...

Love all your photos Vicki. The jars are adorable! What a great idea for the wedding. Love it.

best rate mortgage said...

that is so amazing! very wonderful luminaries.