Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Christmas gift basket

No... really, I'm not that organized.. I haven't started my Christmas baking yet. lol  Just needed some cookies  for the photo of my basket.   This gift basket is up on the Tattered Angels blog here, if you are interested in seeing other photos and knowing the colors used.   It started at a natural colored basket, I just picked up at Hobby Lobby

The flower shaped embellishments are Jenni Bowlin, the die Spellbinders and the "Christmas Delivery" image is from the new Crafty Secrets Christmas CD.

I promised to share some photos from Saturdays Flea Market at the Lancaster Even Center in Lincoln NE.  I always enjoy a fun day of flea marketing with my sis :)

There was about 125 venders. Lots to look at for sure.

Now I'm thinking this little piece would look pretty cute in my studio.  Darling.

I keep telling myself... "hey you just had a sale to get rid of some things, make room for more stuff.
Actually I did pretty good restraining myself, but a few things did manage to come home with me.

If you live in or near Lincoln.. these were a few of our favorite booths that have stores.


That tray is one of the things I came home with, along with another pieces of yellow Pyrex.


cute huh?  Love the scalloped glass lid!


"C" for Chrisman of course :) . collected these pocket watches for a project I have in mind.


I LOVE these big plastic sign letters.    The mudroom at our house is also the "dogs" room, simply because they love to sleep back there... so... these letters sit on the shelf above the washer and dryer.


Cool Wire basket... which is now holding towels in the upstairs bathroom.

obsessed with clocks I guess

Oh.. and guess what was in the other side of the pavilion?    A poultry show.  Yes, of course we had to go check it out.   So glad we did actually. There were so many cool unique Chickens.  I simply had no idea there where so many kinds of chickens!  Learn something new all the time , right?

These all stood on one leg.  How funny.


Big boy!!
Funny.


Not something you see everyday. Glad we decided to check it out, it was fun to see so many varieties.

***************************************************************

I hope you are having a great week my friends!
Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you did :)

Vic

2 comments:

Debby said...

I like the basket. I would like to do something like that for my mother....different things.
Love "junkin". I think it all about the hunt. Love going to vintage/antique sales. I downsized and need very little but it is always fun to find something special.

harrahx2 said...

Every day is a good day when I read your blog. Love the ruffle edged Pyres and the chickens! SMiles to you.