Monday, November 05, 2012

Crafty Secrets Vintage basket/pockets


First Monday in November ( did I just say NOVEMBER??)  What happened to October? The days are flying by too fast for me!  Well the good thing about it being the first Monday in November is... It's Crafty Secrets Linky Party Day, AND it's our first Linky Party/Design Team Challenge of sorts, with our new DT members :)     I cant wait to see what everyone has created. I'll post links to all their blogs at the bottom of this post.   We hope you all will want to create something with your Crafty Secrets products and join in the linky party fun.  You can read all about it here on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.  Super easy and fun!

I'm so excited to get to share a peak at a new download that has just become available.  A while ago I showed you some cute Box Templates. Well... check out the printable templates for  these cute baskets and pockets.    "IF" I knew how to crochet I would have done that, but since I don't, I used a simple blanket stitch around mine.   Do you remember these??  I know my mom, aunts and Grandma all had them.  Theirs were made from Christmas cards.

I'll show some step by steps in upcoming post, showing different ways you can put them together.
There is what the templates look like. There is another sheet with the basket  bottom template on it.






There are two different ones available for down load.   The  "Christmas kids" below , and then "Retro Christmas" below it.


Like I said, there are a number of different ways you could stitch them together.  You could even punch larger holes and help the kids make one with yard.
If you know how to crochet... come over and teach me will you? lol


Here is another way of using the template.   They can but make for ornaments, money , gift card holders ect..

For these, I cut a scalloped edge along the tops, punched holes and blanket stitched.  I machine stitched the sides and added a wire handle and embellishments.  I used stickles for snow on almost all of them.


I love that I could add a "To" and "From" to them if I wanted to, like I did on the one below.  These are done with a blanket stitch like the baskets, and have twig  handles .  The middle one had a gift card in it, (I see it slipped down while I was photographing it and I didn't notice :(   It has a tinsel handle.


They are the perfect size for gift cards.   I was thinking ..hey would make great teacher gifts.. coworkers,  ect..
I love projects like this that I can relax and enjoy working on while I'm watching TV or something.

There is also a different one on the soon to be released "Christmas CD". (shhhhhhhh.)

***********************************************************

Like I said.. we'd love to have you join in the linky party here on the Heartwarming Vintage blog.


Here is the list I promised of the other Design Team members blogs. Be sure to pop over and see what they've been working on.

Michele Kovach
Julie Campbell
Darlene Pavlick
Rebekah Faries

Thanks so much for coming by!!
I took in a Flea Market over the weekend and found some fun things.  Cant wait to share with you in my next post.

Vic 



    11 comments:

    Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

    Oh Vic these are FABULOUS!!! I can't wait to play with these myself ... thanks for wonderful inspiration! Have a fabulous day ... I'm headed down to my 'cave' for a day of crafting!
    HUGS from OHIO!

    Anonymous said...

    Love the project as it could be used for so many reasons! I am on idea overload - need sugar to keep up. Mary Werner

    Debbie K. said...

    Ohhhhh Ms. Vicki! I'd be over the moon to receive such an adorable little basket. How precious! LOVE your work. Have a great week:)
    - DebbieK

    Rebekah said...

    Gorgeous! Great inspiration:)

    Kristina M. Anderson said...

    So cute! I like the blanket stitching around the edges. Great job! By the way, You-Tube has great videos on how to crochet. Have a great week!

    Marlene (cards4u) said...

    Cute projects and yes I did think "Grandma " when I saw these! Isn't that why we love vintage : )

    cjgusloff57 said...

    Every one of these baskets are very, very cute! I wish I had the templates right now! And yes, I do remember the ones made from Christmas cards! We always put the new Christmas cards coming in for the year in one of these baskets!
    Corrine Ann

    Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

    These are precious....and my mom did have one! So excited about the Christmas CD!!!!

    Susie said...

    Oh my! I love the Retro Christmas images. AND the hanging ornaments that you created with them!

    Can't wait to see what you brought home from your shopping trip :)

    harrahx2 said...

    Those images are wonderful Vicki and I love your creativity in the different ways to use them.

    Crafty Brook Farms said...

    I just found your tutorial from Crafty Secrets and it is so helpful. Thank you for sharing. Your blog is beautiful.