Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Family Christmas

I am SO loving these retro papers and images from the new Crafty Secrets "Retro Christmas" Downloads. Today I thought I'd share some projects done with them.  The first one I did just using a simple 8x10 frame I re- purposed by taking the glass out and painting the frame white. The back piece of paper with the squares  in the "patchwork look" already comes that way, so I just stared with it as my base.
If you click to see this larger you can see I straight stitched with my machine down each row, and then around my cut pieces. It's so much easier to see in real life.


Below is a traditional layout I did with the papers and images just by printing them out.


The layout below here, is with the retro papers and images but done digitally.    You know what is so fun?  They are both done with photos of Wyatt.  Below when he was a baby and the above one . .. was take just a couple of weeks ago.

And .... as not to confuse you more.... Wyatt.....now has a brand new baby brother.... Emmett!    I just had to share some of the Christmas photos I took of them this weekend for their Christmas card. They are such a neat family.   Gabby has been a friend of our family since her and Wes were in high school years ago. 



Adorable family huh
I found this hat a couple of weeks ago at Target and knew it would be perfect for Wyatt. He was such a good sport.

I love these people!


_______________________________________

I hope your week has been going well.   I started on some new migraine meds this week so have high hopes they will help :)    Today I plan to tackle some projects I've had sitting here on my desk, so.. here's to a productive, creative day.

Enjoy!

Vic


6 comments:

Julie said...

What adorable family pictures of Gabby and her family! I bet she was thrilled:) Julie

Kitika said...

I like your layouts, t's a true beauty!

Susie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been dealing with migraines. Hoping those meds will work well for you!
Love those layouts. And the photos are just tooooo sweet!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love what you have done with these retro images. I need an afternoon to sit down with you and learn how to use these CD's....I just got a new computer, so I'm going to give digital a try once things are all set up.

harrahx2 said...

Love the pages and the images and your photography is very professional. I need that red hat! So cute!

Debbie K. said...

Oh Ms. Vicki, I am so sorry to hear you have been having headache problems.

I haven't had time to 'visit' lately...on the run so much. LOVE the photos and that red hat is ADORABLE:)