Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fancy Pants Designs wreath / Sharing Christmas



 I have a tutorial up on the Fancy Pants Designs blog on how to create this wreath HERE.



*****************************************************************************

So, as always I have to share photos with a little re-cap of Christmas.   My sister Jan, my niece Neely and I started out the Saturday before Christmas baking "Gramma Cookies". The cookies my mom has made every Christmas for as long as I can remember. Frosted Sour cream cookies and Date pinwheels.  With Neely living in LA now, we were counting down the days til she was back in NE.





We used Grammas (sweet mommas), recipes, cookie sheet, rolling pin ect.  I was really great.  Hoping to make this a tradition :)

We all ( the big extended family) met together at the place we rent for Christmas Eve.  Happy to be together.  

Wes.. entertaining the kids with "Elf Yourself" on his I phone. lol

Can you believe how Griffin has grown?  Second grade .. going on 20. lol  I love this kid!

We start getting things ready and putting the food out.  Instead of turkey ect like we do for Thanksgiving, we do soups and snacky things for Christmas Ev.
Not that it's any less food, that's for sure.   We had  Chili, Chicken noodle, Sweet and Sour, Sausage Kale, Minestrone, and Clam Chowder.    All were DELISH!
( my sis Jan and my brother Ray)

My sis make my very favorite (in the background) in the photo below.  Sausage potato Kale

And after the eating the crazy games and gift giving begin.  We did a funny white elephant gift exchange also. A little different than we've ever done before and it was so funny.  Yes.. those are the "crazies" below. lol

What a bunch of comedians!

lots of laughs

and talk about a  variety of unique gifts. lol    But nothing as good as what I got...........

Check it out!!!  Theres a story behind it actually.   Alan... (my niece Neely's boyfriend) is working on set with Henry Winkler out in LA.  I told Alan I have always liked him as an actor and what a nice guy he seems to be. He said.. "oh.. he is a great guy"  ect ect...    So when I opened my white elephant gift, it was rigged that I would get this.  How thoughtful is that??    ALAN YOU ROCK!!!
The Fonz is going to be learning a lot about Scapbooking as he hangs here above my work table. lol
aaaaeeeeeeyyyyyyyy



It's been so busy and we have all been sick with Colds and sinuses around here. Sorry I haven't blogged for a  few days now.  You have all probably been busy with family and needing a nap also. lol
Jarad, Kate and Wes, where here yesterday, as well as the grand pups. We spent the day wrapped in throws, napping and watching Christmas movies.  Aside from being sick... it was a great day.
Im glad I had all the food pretty much made ahead so all I had to do is get it out and stick it in the oven.  You know I'm sick when I don't take many photos.
Now... I have a long standing date with NyQuil.

I hope you all had a great Christmas with the ones you love!!!

Vic

6 comments:

Debbie K. said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, Ms. Vicki. Hope you are on the mend SOON! Great photos of the clan and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time:)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Sorry that you came down with the plague. It's going around here, too, but so far I've been able to avoid it. Your wreath is so darn cute! And I like The Fonz, too! What a fun Christmas for you! Feel better soon.

Country Liv . . . said...

Hello Darlin'
Seeing you and Neely doing the 'Sweet Mamma' bake-off was great and I am positive that Sweet Mamma was smiling down on y'all and enjoying your beautiful devotion to each other.
So glad to see photos of the gathering but the sweetest of them all is The Griff! My goodness he has grown and is that a black eye he is sporting? It was really good of you to share even though you are sick and I pray that you are feeling better every minute that passes.
Such a nice gift featuring the Fonz, I watch him on Royal Pains and he doesn't look quite the same now!
Best wishes to you and the rest of the clan!
Love,
Liv

harrahx2 said...

Oh my sweet Vic...I hate that you are sick and I hope you feel better soon. Everyone around here is sick too. Not me so far. My son is visiting for a couple of days and then he goes to NY for New Years and then back to Calif. When time permits, drop me Alan's name and I will ask my son if he knows him! Hugs, bleated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year with NO SICKNESS! Got that? Love you girl.

annemarks said...

How fabulous to have such a lovely big family. There were 6 of us for christmas but the six most loved in my life so far and it was wonderful to spend christmas together. Hope you are feeling better :)

Karenladd said...

Thanks for your little peek into your holidays and sorry you aren't feeling well. That wreath is so beautiful and unique!