Thursday, January 24, 2013

"Imagination" canvas Tattered Angels/Canvas Corp

I've been working in this for a while and finally finished it up, so I thought I'd share it today.  It's a 12x12 Canvas from Canvas Corp, done with Tattered Angels Paints

Photos just never do justice to how the gorgeous TA colors blend.   They are just so stunning.  As many years as I've been using them, I somehow always seem to be surprised by they the different effects you can achieve by doing things just slightly differently.



So as I mentioned in yesterdays post, I'm really working on taking more "Everyday" photos to put together in a album all their own.  I'm finding saving my Instagram photos and printing them off  might be the way I'll do that.   If you are on Instagram I'd love to connect with you there. You can find me as    vickichr    but I will be posting here on my blog also :)    

Yesterday as I wanted by my China cabinet I glanced over at my Grandmas china as I often do when I walk by.  It hasn't been there that long, since it had been moms, so  it's something new in my china cabinet that I cherish.  I stopped yesterday and, and took a piece out to really look at the pattern.  When we were going thru moms things to get the house ready to sell I feel like it was such a busy and emotional time I feel like I really didn't take time to really look.. think about .. and enjoy, these keepsakes.  Now I was really looking at it and thinking  about all the special occasions that Grandma probably made wonderful dinners  for the family to sit down and enjoy... to celebrate and enjoy being together.   I love them 
 

My other photo .. well, it's defiantly a part of our everyday life.  lol


Remember you still  have today to get in on the giveway. I'll be announcing all the winners of the pre cut dies on my blog tomorrow.   You can read about the giveaway in Saturdays post    Here     All you have to do is leave a comment in that post for a chance to win.

Thanks for stopping by friends!

Vic


13 comments:

harrahx2 said...

That is a beautiful set of China! So delicate. Of course the pups are beautiful too but not quite so delicate! LOL!

Debbie K. said...

Love the china, Ms. Vicki and you KNOW I love your doggies too:) Have a great weekend!

jan said...

Great idea to take a pic of the chine, and those pretty handsome dogs too!

Donna said...

Love both of today's "everyday" photos, Vicki. The china pattern is, indeed, beautiful and perfectly (genuinely!) vintage! And of course the pups are darling! I am blessed to have ONE perfect and pretty plate from the wedding china my great grandmother received; then my grandmother used it, too. No idea where all the rest ended up over the years but I am grateful for the piece I own and like you, I enjoy thinking about the young bride opening her new dish and then feeding her family from it all those years ago. Hope you enjoy a good weekend.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

I'm glad you are able to take the time to enjoy what you cherish! And how could anyone not love those sweet pups?? Canvas turned out wonderful!
Enjoy Your Weekend : )

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Love your canvas and the pics of your cute puppies!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

That reminds me of my grandmother's china! It is so lovely, Vic. And that canvas is just gorgeous! You are so versatile in your crafting styles. Love that about you!

mindy said...

Love antique china....especially with so many memories attached!

Jean said...

Love the colors of the canvas and the saying is just perfect!

Annette said...

your canvas is amazing love how you used the letters and your dogs are too fun...

Happy Crafting..

marcia said...

I love the canvas! You do such nice work. Isn't it amazing what a keepsake can do to us? There are a whole realm of emotions that probably passed through you as you took the time to enjoy your grandmother's china. Enjoy, savor and use the china to make more memories with your family and friends. Have a nice day!

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Vicki- absolutely love your canvas! You do everything so awesome! Loving your "every day" doggie pics too :)

LauraB said...

love, love your Imagination canvas! Do I see an online class/tutorial in the near future??
pppllleeezzzzzzee ms vicki!