Sunday, March 17, 2013

"Live Simply" Canvas

Hey Everyone!  Hoping your weekend was a good one and that you are refreshed and ready to start a new week.   I'm not exactly saying I'm "refreshed" lol, but defiantly ready to start the new week.  Not feeling refreshed because I spent the weekend with the stomach flu :(   Not fun!    Glad that is over for the most part. I'm usually pretty healthy..but it's been a rough few weeks around here, with colds, flu, ect . Ready for Spring!!    The last couple of days nothing got done around here,  but.. a few days before I painted this super simple canvas  because I was needing something bright and cheery to add to wall at the bottom of the steps.    You can see below where I hung it.  I just used one of the decorative digital frames from the Creating with Vintage Patterns CD to frame the photo for this post.
There are some really beautiful frames on these CD's that I just love using (even for things other than cards and layouts :)

It was quick and simple ...but boy does that splash of color please me right now when I'm so tired of the browns and grays of winter I see when I look out the window.

I had fun playing with paint , patterns and texture paste :)

____________________________________________

This weekend I stayed in with the flu and last weekend we canceled our flea market plans because of the snow storm (so I'm not having the best luck with weekends lately. lol)              But.... I thought I'd share what I had planned to show you for that day anyway.  I'll make these again for another flea market day ( with another theme of course).    
I  had made the girls little snack bags for the morning.    You know .. you have to keep your energy up for these things. lol  Serious shopping!
I used these  printable candy bar wrappers  for the bag toppers and the granola bars.


Too bad we didn't get to go.  But there will be other days.

_________________________________________________________________

Okay.. so for my "Everyday Photos" for the last few days.....

Everyday Photo #1
Well, you can figure this one out pretty easy.  Yes.. Sprite, the couch, and occasionally a little chicken noodle soup in a cup were my friends for the weekend.

Everyday Photo #2
Front page of the news paper.  (our oldest son Wes in the dark pants). Active Shooter Training day for the police dept.   


Everyday Photo #3
Today I started sorting photos of Jarad and Kate for the wedding slideshow.  awwwwwww


I hope you all had a awesome St Patrick's Day!  I didn't cook our corned beef and cabbage this weekend for obvious reason....lol... but plan to this week.  It's just not right without it.  It's a tradition around here :)


As always... thanks so much for stopping by!

Vic



4 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, I LOVE your canvas! The colors just shout spring...and those cheery daffodils are just beautiful. I love all the texture you added. Hope you are all the way better!

Jean said...

Gorgeous canvas!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, the canvas is perfect and the color is wonderful and it just seems to fit the spot! The pictures of the kids....absolutely adorable! Talent and love go hand in hand. Hugs and loved the little snacky treat ideas!

harrahx2 said...

OH, and how did your son do on his training?