Friday, March 15, 2013

March "Whatevers"

Well, I have to admit as we started out this little endeavor of our call "The Whatevers", we (Catherine, Nat and I have had our share of laughs about the stores that these photos could possibly hold, and this one was no exception. lol   Oh how we'd love to know their real stories.  But sadly we don't.  But  that's what "Whatevers" is all about.... giving them a story!  Kind of honoring them in our own creative way:)      We love to have you play along with us. ( you can read more about how at the bottom of this post).


This month I did something completely different than I've done in the past months. Instead of doing a journal page, or adding a page to my book, I decided to make a canvas for my studio.

Here is Bess's story:

Bess is know to be.. shall we say a  colorful gal. She doesn't care to do a lot of the traditional things woman of her time do. She realized long ago, that just wasn't her. She wanted live differently... to be adventurous, try new things, live each day to  the fullest! She had never married, but if you asked her, she would say... oh honey... don't feel sorry for me, I've traveled many places and had many loves. She'd bat  her lashes as she said, "a lady need not share all her secrets now does she, "
 She finds great humor in the fact that some of the woman in town actually believe that she doesn't hear them whispering behind her back.  She even made a point to wink and smile at Thema Herman the other day in the store when she passed by, and heard her say to Etta Jensen, "She's a few threads short of a sweater.. that Bess Camden".
Bess didn't care if she was the talk of the town, she lived her life as she pleased.. she took chances, tried new things and lived with no regrets.

*******************************************************

Here is this months photo

I love her :)




Already found it's place on my studio wall.


Okay... here's more about "Whatevers" and how it works





  • Cat, Nat and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
  • Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
  • If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you – just right click on it to safe it to download and show us your version of The Whatevers.
  • There are no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
  • There are no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
  • There are no rules on the art form you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an art journal page – WHATEVER
  • Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
  • These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
  • If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post, but your link must be about the Whatevers story you have created.
  • You can also join our  Whatevers Facebook Page
  •  
    Now... 
    Your going to want to jump over to see what  Nat and Cat have created with this fun photo.
    Nathalie Kalbach
    Catherine Scanlon
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Vicki

    7 comments:

    Nathalie Kalbach said...

    oh vic- this is sooo amazing- I love the colors and the story- rock!!!!

    Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

    BEAUTIFUL! I love your colors and how she looks on the canvas! The funny thing is, this woman was my grandmother's cousin or aunt or something like that AND she was an old maid, Ha Ha. I'm thinking that old maid's might have that "look" about them! xo.

    harrahx2 said...

    Love her.........and the connon balls! Love the idea of saying a lady must have some secrets...love the hat the most! Oh and the colors.

    Jean said...

    Oh - I love this! The story is amazing!

    Micki said...

    OMGosh, can I CASE this....... I absolutely LOVE it. I love how you put a black line frame around the canvas and leaving the image black n white works perfectly with that great background. Oh I'm so going to rush through cleaning today so I can play. This is gorgeous. :-)

    Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

    Oh, I love this one, Vic! Probably my favorite so far. I may have to break down and play along....this lady speaks to me. Your canvas is amazing. Love the bold colors you used...and I love her hat!!!! LOL Hope you are feeling better.

    Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

    Hi Vic, I love this cool art piece you've created and YES - that's exactly what I meant when I said you should paint some canvas in juicy colors to put some of our digital stamp images on like the birdies (but this photo looks great)! In a digital stamp set I think it would be great to have some big branches, some blossoms, maybe a tree. Gee, I think we need a new set. It's your colors and contrast with the photo that all pop and look so cool together,
    Great job!!
    sandy