Monday, March 04, 2013

Spring Vignette

Hello everyone!
I have to say.. it certainly felt a bit more like Spring was closer with the rain showers and crocus blooms popping up in British Columbia, than it does here in Nebraska... but I'm still wishing for it to come soon!
Today is Crafty Secrets linky party and the theme is "Spring".  If you haven't seen them already, you have to pop over to the Heartwarming Vintage blog and see the new Digital Spring and Easter Stamps that have just been released. I just love them all! It was so fun to get to be there and get to be a part of the process of seeing these come together.  You can see them all here
If you look at them on the blog, you can see that Sandy has shown the sizes they can be printed at. You'll be able to see just how big they can print. I have to say this is one of my very favorite things about digital stamps. That's why I wanted to show you how you can you it for larger things like home decor projects like this.


I used the "Beautiful Spring" digital stamp from the Bunny Hop Digital Art Stamp set and laid it over one of the beautiful papers from the Radiant Digital Paper Collection.   I added some  color to the edges by pulling color from the beautiful flowers on the paper and when I had it the way I wanted it I printed it off on a piece of plain white card stock, and mounted it in this thrift store frame.   I added a few gems for dimension.


A fun little addition to any vignette, is to print off a few sheets of sheet music from the Creating with Vintage Typography CD, and roll it up with a little embellishing.

We'd love to have you play along with us! All you have to do is create with any Crafty Secrets Product and link up to the Heartwarming Vintage blog.  You can get all the information there, and find out about your chance to win.    Not only will you want to pop around today and see what the Crafty Secrets Design Team has created, but be sure to check out the links at the bottom of the post on the Heartwarming Vintage blog all this week to see all the other gorgeous projects people will be posting :)
Now... here are the links to the Design Team girls, so you can see what they have posted.


___________________________________

Like I said, I'm home now.  but here are a couple photos I wanted to share from my trip.

On the plane Friday.... saying goodbye to Seattle.


Thanks for stopping by!

Vic


13 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is stunning, Vic! I love the lace wrapped around the vintage sheet music. You have such a soft, lovely touch in all that you create. The framed image is gorgeous, and the little gems add just the right touch of bling. And where did you ever find that candle? Beautiful photos, too. I'm going to start calling you the Queen of Everything Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the crocuses and spring sign,
with the sun shining here today I feel like spring is on the way

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Cool Sign of Spring Vicki and I like how you added the little gems to the swirls. I hope you are feeling better after your little fall.

Sandy

harrahx2 said...

So glad you got home safe. That framed print is stunning in it's beauty and color. Your entire vignette is so perfectly together! Watch your mail. Hugs. Oh, and the Daffodils are up here in Maryland and they are calling for that Sang S word Wednesday...... : (

Jane Wetzel said...

Just breath taking gorgeous Vicki- love this..

Lee Brehon said...

I love the vintage feel to your sign. Glad you had a nice visit in Vancouver, it is a very pretty place to visit.

starqueen said...

Hi Vicki,
What a great project and a sweet vignette! I'm ready for spring to come to Massachusetts too! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous Spring Vignette Vicki!! So pretty!!

hugs...

Maggie said...

LOVE the new blog design Vic!!

Maggie said...

LOVE the new blog desin VIC!!!

faye said...

that is really pretty=)

Michele said...

This is simply gorgeous!!!

Rea said...

Beautiful framed creation. Love all the little details.