Monday, March 11, 2013

Sweet as Honey

Well, it's defiantly not Spring in Nebraska yet. Winter reared it's ugly head again this weekend here in the Midwest.  If there is one thing you learn living here, it's that' you have to roll with the changes in the weather, because it changes quickly.  We ended up not going to the Flea Market Saturday, so I stayed in and spent some time playing with these .... Bee's :)     Trust me, it's was a good weekend for staying in and crafting!   I did venture out this afternoon because there was no way I was missing Kate's first bridal shower.  It's only 17 miles to Fremont from here, but it sure seemed a lot further.. because the roads were terrible.   I'll share some photos down further in this post, and then tomorrow I'll post photos from the shower, so you can see the gorgeous place it was held also.
I used Crafty Secrets....
Digital Queen Bee Stamp set
for these projects.
Again, like I always say, the think I love most about digital stamps is that you can have whatever size you want.   You can see how I used the same Bee image in all these pieces, and just sized it appropriately for the piece I was creating.

I also love that I can just bits and pieces from the set.    You know I'm not a big" colorer ", so I love that something as simple as water color pencils looks so nice with these.

I did this on a tile.. which I will stand on an easel.   And since I took this photo.. I've added a vintage button where the two branches meet :) 


 And... a little note pad.
I wish the glitter from the glitter pen I used on the wings would have shown up better in this photo.  I printed them off a second time on lightweight paper, and then went over then with the glitter pen, before slightly attaching them at the base.
Why is it I'm always adding things later? lol  I added the little gems to the crown after I took the initial photo in this post. ( I cant help myself) haha


Be sure to pop over to the Heartwarming Vintage blog to see whats new and to check out all the great projects from the linky party:)  Thanks everyone who's playing along!


*************************************************************

Okay, like I said, NOWAY I was missing Kate's first Bridal shower, but I'm glad I didn't have any further to go then I did.  The roads were terrible.  Actually  I thought they would be better on the way home... wrong!   I was glad to get home. But so glad I made it to the shower. It was so nice. Kate was all smiles.  I'll share photos in my next post.     



I couldn't leave you with that dreadful photo, so I tried to find something I little prettier for my last photo.  Still bluster and cold..but somewhat peaceful too don't you think?


I'm supposed to head for Lincoln early tomorrow morning to the Endodontist for a root canal.. but the roads are terrible and schools are already called off sooo.??       But it sounds like such a great way to start a Monday morning doesn't it? lol

Wishing you a great start to YOUR week!

Vic

3 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Vic...great minds run in the same channel! I pulled this stamp set out yesterday because I wanted to play with it this week. Love what you've done here with the digital images. Just beautiful! Love the photo of the ducks in the snow. Stay warm today...hope you thaw out soon!

Donna said...

(Sigh) Oh Vicki, I love these samples. I love bee images and the one from the double sided creative cuts has long been hoarded in my stash (hee hee). I've been unsure of the new digital stamps (because I'm not confident I can color them pretty) but seeing your samples today has convinced me to give it a try! My first digital set will be---can you guess?---the Queen Bee!!! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie K. said...

Great projects Ms. Vicki! Sorry you had to drive in the awful weather but hope the shower was fun! Living with winter in Nebraska is a real challenge, isn't it? Hope you are fininshed with that dreadful root canal. Have a great week and thanks for sharing your creations.