Monday, March 25, 2013

Welcome Spring?

I keep trying to "welcome" Spring.. but it just doesn't seem to be interested in my invitation for some reason.  SNOW again this weekend.   Not a lot but off and on all weekend.  Cold and dreary still:( 
It was a good weekend to stay inside once again.   Actually I kind of enjoyed being a home body.. cooking, cleaning and even watching some TV (which isn't  something I'm usually a big fan of).  But I had a big comfy throw.. and and dog on my lap.. so it was that much more enjoyable.
I also worked on stamping 160 little muslin bags to hold lavender and birdseed for the wedding. (I'll show you those in my next post).

Before I go any further, I want to share a new framed project with you. I have a little "how to" up for this project, over on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog  here, if your interested.



Like I said, not a super exciting weekend around here but kind of enjoyable none the less.    I was in the mood to cook, and when I heard Jarad was down sick with a bad cold, it was a good excuse for me to make some chicken noodle soup to take in to Jarad and Kate.     Dan and I drove it in and dropped it off, but we didn't stick around. We've had our share of colds/flu this year. 

 So my "Everyday Photos for this weekend involve  a lot  of cooking and baking. lol

Everyday photo #1 
Homemade Chicken noodle soup for Jarad

 Everyday Photo #2
TV time with a comfy throw and a dog on my lap

Like I said I'm not much of a tv watcher normally, but.....    for some reason, I started watching this   "The Killing" on Netflix    Oh man, I had no idea it was only part of an entire season that I had started watching.  DO YOU THINK I CAN STOP WATCHING????   I am on episode 18 of 24 and it's all I can do to wait to finish it. ahhhhh.   The really bad news is.. I just googled it to to be able to link to it, to find out that I'm watching  Season THREE.  Great!  That means there are two other seasons out there that I will now feel I have to watch.   I normally don't get sucked into shows that easily..but this one has me!!     I may not have any time for paper crafting at all at this rate. lol

Everyday Photo #3
Sugar Cookies

I found this new recipe and decided to bake these up now and put them in the freezer to frost later for Easter.   Here is were I found the recipe.   Vintage Revivals
They are Delicious!!!


Everyday Photo #4
Banana Nut Muffins

and since the oven was already on and I had ripe bananas..... why not make Banana nut bread?


Now that I have you hungry lol, I better distract you with something else.  How about some new fun Sewing themed goodies from Crafty Secrets??  Have you seen the sneak peeks that are up on the Heartwarming Vintage blog??



Hope you have a great start to you week!

Vic

7 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me! I spent a lot of time in the studio, trying to finish off projects. But family was here, too and we also had a baby dedication to attend for the family next door...so busy, and I didn't get as much done as I wanted to. Your banana muffins are to die for. I have the recipe you shared some time back.

Love the sweet little frame. If that darling little bunny can't lure sprintime to your neck of the woods, there is no hope! LOL... Forsythia is blooming here. My favorite!

Jane Wetzel said...

yummy post my dear..and LOVE the post about yourself below :)

Debbie K. said...

Can't think of anything better to do than cooking during the lousy weather season. You do know how to make me CRAVE goodies, Ms. Vicki. Your cookies and muffins look so yummy.

Cute Easter hanging! Can't wait to see your little bags you made for the wedding too.

You are such a sweet mama to make soup for Jarad! Hope he feels better Real soon...

Susie Wittwer said...

Love this post Vicki! Your framed Spring piece, your everyday photos and then those yummy muffins and cookies. You made me feel warm and cozy, and like I was almost there in your kitchen...instead of in my office at work! Shhh, don't tell my boss!

Jean said...

Those cookies look delicious!

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

Sorry about your cold weather. Sure looks like you made the best of it though. I'm hungry now after seeing all that great food. Hope spring gets to your house soon. We are enjoying it here in Nevada, but it can change in a minute!

harrahx2 said...

So I am sitting here thinking frozen pizza for dinner...head aches terrible! And you post all this glorious food that is making me feel guilty! Love the fram and how you popped that little bunny right on there. We had our first "real" snow yesterday...weird weather! Hope Jarrod is feeling better.