Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A new project with a basic how to on opening your CD, cropping, sizing ect..

Well, today I thought I'd share a little Bingo card project I did, but most of all to share a really basic "how to" for those of you who are not familiar with using digital images from a disc.  Since Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage has started putting out their images and papers on CD, some of you have told me, using digital images is new to you.  Well.... It was new to me also.  Like I mentioned in my posts before,  I'm learning a little more about using the papers and images for digital scrapbooking every time I pop one of the CDs in, ...but today I thought I would just talk thru the very basics of just putting the CD in, finding the image you want, cropping, and sizing it so you can use it as you would any traditional papers or images.

The Bingo card and images I used to make this hanging are all from the "Creating with Vintage Typography CD"      The images weren't digitally placed on the bingo card ( although they could have been), they were printed and cut out, then adhered to the card.
As I've said before, one of the great things about printing things off yourself is that you can make them the size you want them. I wanted this to be fairy big so ...this Hanging Bingo card project  is actually 6x10, so it's quite large. 

The dancing animals I used on this project are actually just taken from one of the sheets of paper on the CD, so I'm going to show you how I cropped and sized it to use it for my project.


I use Photoshop, but there are many free editing programs.  Most computers already have a "Paint" program installed for you to use, but if not .. this is also available free to download online.











I printed my images off the sizes I wanted them, cut them out and then I was all ready to start putting it all together :)


If you are hesitant about doing much printing because of the price of ink, let me tell you that I use inexpensive ink from " Ink Farm", and it works wonderfully.
And as for Printers ... Sandy and I both use Canon Pixma iX6520 Ink Jet Printers and love them.

The Heartwarming Vintage blog always has great information and tips, not to mention peeks at the newest releases, so be sure to check there often.

I hope if your new to using CD's or if you haven't tried them yet, this will help you feel more comfortable.  Like I said, it's all new to me also, but I excited about all the options this opens up, so I love learning a little more each time.

Another one of our Design Team Members Sheila Rumney is very knowledgeable on digital and hybrid scrapbooking and cardmaking and she does some step by step directions that are more advanced than mine.  Mine are the very basics :)   So be sure to check out her blog if your interested in things link this tutorial on how to change the color of png files


Okay friends... have yourself a fantastic day!
The sun is actually shining here!! WOW!  we haven't seen much of that lately at all, so I'm thrilled!



Thanks for stopping by!

Vic

7 comments:

Renee said...

Cute project, really wish I had a color printer! Thanks for the tutorial!

Jean said...

So cute!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Thanks, Vic! You are a natural born teacher. I don't have any trouble at all with the CD's, but the digital stamps have me stumped. I see that big black image and have no idea what to do with it. I'll check Sheila's blog to see if she has any good tips. Enjoy the sunshine!

Country Liv . . . said...

Awesome Vic! Getting more professional with those digital lessons all the time!
Speaking of professional, your blog is looking like you hired someone to design it for you! Did you do this yourself? Is this your personal template or are you using one of blogger's? Super fancy!

Joyce Irvin said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial. I really love the images from Crafty Secrets and have just put off figuring out what to do with all of the digital stuff. You've inspired me!

Joyce Irvin said...

Thanks for the tutorial! Love Bingo and cats, so it's a big win for me.

Joyce Irvin said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial. I really love the images from Crafty Secrets and have just put off figuring out what to do with all of the digital stuff. You've inspired me!