Monday, April 29, 2013

Bridal Shower fun

Well, today if you need Bridal shower ideas or just want to see the photos from Kate's Shower yesterday this is the place to be, because this is a "project-less" post ..but you'll see paper crafts used in the decorating in super cute ways. 


This shower was hosted by My nieces Diana and Amy, and my sister Jan ( in the middle).   And what a perfect day they made it for everyone.
They had rented a beautiful clubhouse for the afternoon to have the shower.  Here is Kate, her niece, sister and her mom arriving.


I love the way they took photos of the kids from when they were small....up to graduation .. and to now... added little sayings and had them framed, sitting around.

They had actually put away the decor pieces at the clubhouse so they could decorate with all the pretties using Kate's colors. The blues and greens.  Everything was so pretty!

sweet huh?



awww... baby Kate and Jarad :)


The "K" is one of the wooden letters you can get at Hobby Lobby, covered with scrapbook paper. I picked up a "J" and a "K" to do the same with for the rehearsal dinner.

My sister used my AccuCut  Pennant Flags die to make this cute banner swag.
I love how she left them hanging freely instead of adhering the them together.  What a fun different look.


 




My sis is an "attention to details" sort of girl.. lol... look at the peanuts in these little bitty plastic champagne glasses.


.... and food.  Need I say more?   Wow!

Everything was so delicious and so beautifully set.




Kate got so many beautiful things.




We played a couple of really fun games and this was one of them. We broke up into teams and each team had 4 rolls of toilet paper and and a time limit to create a wedding dress on one of there team members.
SO funny!


 Being with family and friends is the BEST ... so for my everyday photos
for the weekend that will be added to my little book I'm creating ... photos of  me with my loved ones.  I am making a promise to myself as I work on this "Everyday Life" book to make sure (as much as I dislike having my picture taken)..they I will have photos of myself in it.  I think alot of us feel that way about photos of ourselves, ( I'm at the top of that list).. but it's important that we arent always the ones "taking the photos"... but that we are actually "in" a few also.

Me with my niece Amy.


My bestie Deb
and my long time forever friend Julie.

And the person who is my side kick.. my partner in crime, the person I count on for so much, and who is ALWAYS there for me ... my sissy



But back to the girl of the hour... the bride to me.... looking so proud of her gown lol.
I think she had a pretty fantastic day also :)


Thanks for letting me share!

Have a super start to your week!

Hugs, Vic



9 comments:

Ellen Jarvis said...

What great pictures, Vicki, and SOOOO much fun! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I have been following along and hope you will also post a compendium of many ideas from the wedding. Those stamped silverware utensils you showed are over-the-top-wonderful!

Every bride would be lucky to have you in her corner!

Fondly,
Ellen (CardMonkey)

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

What a lovely shower. Your family is so creative. Everything looks great. So many fun ideas. Thanks!

Sarah said...

What an exciting time for you. I know you will enjoy every minute of it!

harrahx2 said...

Talent just abounds in your entire family. How very beautiful, graceful and sweet everything looked. Just a perfect setting for the perfect bride-to-be! Hugs and thanks for sharing with a family member that lives in the little black box....LOL!

Debby said...

Wonderful pictures. You are so right about having pictures of yourself. So glad you are doing that. Hugs

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Beautiful shower! I know you had a wonderful time. So happy for you, Vic!

Gail S. said...

Awww Vicki! How much f*u*n and your daughter-in-law to-be looks so happy!! Love the pictures and looks like everyone had a great time! I love the idea with the initials for the rehersal dinner (I may have to "borrow" that idea and any other ideas you can share)
Such an excited time in their lives!

Jean said...

Looks like a wonderful party!

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

What an exciting time for you and your family. Love the simple touches that made everything look cute.