Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fancy Pants Card Trio ( Park Bench Collection)

It seems like I go through kicks.... altered projects, layout, cards... ect..  lately I've been really into making cards again.  I guess I see social media taking over and it worries me that the personal touch.. a card and hand written note bring, will be lost forever soon :(     Don't get me wrong, I love social media also. Anyway to keep me connected with my family and friends is great in my book.. but don't think you can ever replace the feeling you get when you receive a handmade card in the mail.  So this year.. I am striving to do more of that :)
These cards were made using the Park Bench Collection from Fancy Pants.

If you've every worked with a Fancy Pants Collection you know, it's a treat!  So easy to pull a card, layout or project together because there are so many awesome coordinating elements.


I've been working with Fancy Pants Designs since their every first line came out years ago, and I can tell you It's a company I'm really proud to design for.  Awesome people!
Oh.. and watching them grow and expand had been amazing! Yay Fancy Pants!


You can see all the new Fancy Pants Designs Products HERE.   And be totally inspired by the projects the DT posts HERE on the Miss Fancy Pants Blog.


 *****************************************************************

Everyday Photos

Everyday Photo#1
Well, I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while now.  My long time friend was back in Nebr. visiting from Philly.   We have been friends since grade school.. all thu junior high and High School and then we were room mates in our first apt after that for a year, before I got married and she moved away.   Our parents  lived just across from each other for all those years.   We get to visit when she's home to see family but the time sure goes by quickly.  One of these days, I promise to make a trip out to see her.
Have you ever had a friend that it didn't matter how many years you went without seeing each other.. it seems like you just pick up where you left off?   Talking non stop, laughing about the same stupid things, sharing the same crazy sense of humor?   We'll this is that person for me.   It was so good to get to spend some time with her  And it was good to get to see her mom, who is recovering from surgery in a nursing facility.  It just felt like old home week. 
I admire Marianne so much. She is a huge animal rights advocate, and devotes so much time and energy to the cause.


Everyday Photo #2
I really wanted to take Marianne to lunch at this place called McFosters in Omaha, where Neely had taken me a couple of times.  Marianne is vegan, and I knew this place would have lots for her to choose from.   We both had a delicious vegan lunch.   She had a tofu omelet. I cant say that , that sounded too appealing to me, so I had this avocado sandwich and yummy salad.  But I must say the omelet looked much better than I thought it was going to. lol

Everyday photo #3
I hated to see the day end, but at least I had lots of pretty clouds to look at on the way home.   They look a bit ominous here, but really they weren't,it's just the filter.  This is on the gravel road about a 1/2 mile from home.   This was taken with my phone. I wish I had, had my good camera along :(


Anyway... it was a nice weekend.
I hope all of you had a nice weekend also.

As always .. thanks for coming by!  I know life is busy... I appreciate you visiting.


Vic

7 comments:

Debby said...

I love the new look of your banner. Cute picture of you and your friend.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Still in awe of that photo, Vicki! Wow! It needs to be framed!

These cards are so cute and happy. I love the use of buttons and the darling heart with the twine bow. They just made me smile! So many fun elements, and you used them to their best potential!

Debbie K. said...

Great cards, Ms. Vicki. Fancy Pants is lucky to have you:)

Glad you had fun with your friend and your lunch looks amazing!

Have a great week....
DebbieK

Jean said...

I do have friends like that! What gorgeous cads. So bold and bright!

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Vicki :) The card trio is ADORABLE..love them. What a fun visit..telling me I NEED to do this with my bestie out of town.. I think that last pic taken with your phone is incredibly gorgeous! Wow..it needs a frame!

harrahx2 said...

Oh yum, the cards, the food and the pictures! Yum Yum Yum! Need that paper!

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

Love your cards! I'm so jealous -- I need a visit with you soon :-D xo.