Monday, April 01, 2013

Sewing DT Challenge and Crafty Secrets April Linky Party

This is Sandy posting Vicki's DT Challenge for Mon, April 1/13 as she (and many other bloggers) keep getting error messages every time they try and post. I'm simply pasting in Vicki's text and photos.  If anyone has any suggestions please leave a comment!

Oh my goodness … were you thinking that I have fallen off the face of the earth?  I have been having trouble with Blogger all week long and haven’t been able to post at all.  So frustrating!     I don’t know if it’s a provider thing, area thing or what. I know there are a number of people dealing with it..but after talking with Sandy last night I had her try to log in to my account and try it and it worked for her… so she was kind enough to post this for me. (Even when she’s supposed to be on vacation)… SO huge thanks to her!!         I am hoping to get this figured out ASAP!
Well, today is Crafty Secrets DT Challenge and April Linky Party.  We do this the first Monday of every month and we love to have you join in.  You can get the details on the Heartwarming Vintage blog at the bottom of this post I’ll have links to the other Crafty Secrets DT Members so that you can pop over to their blogs to see what they have created, plus we have a new member!
The really fun part about this month’s challenge is that we have so many awesome new sewing themed papers and printables .. oh my.
Although the theme we are going with for this challenge is “Sewing” , I wanted to show you here on my first project how the papers and elements can be used in many other ways also.   I especially wanted to show you what I think is the best part of being able to print things off yourself, and that’s making them the size you want.   In this case… BIG!   This is a 16x20 canvas!

 I could have just as easily printed these off small enough to create a card or tag.  If I wanted I could even use any of these elements I’ve created to print onto a iron on transfer for a Tshirt. There are just so many options.


I wish you could see it up close. The stitching and buttons look so dimensional even though they are just printed.  I used one of the Digital Creative Studio Signs at the top of my canvas, some of the new Sewing Ephemera pieces and also some of the new sewing papers on the canvas.   My background color design was created with Glimmer Mist and Glimmer Glam.
I also wanted to share with you some cards I made using four of the eight cards in the Digital Button cards set. ( I’ll be sharing the other four cards in my next post).   I LOVE these buttons cards so much and I used some of the new sewing papers.
 I LOVE these buttons cards so much and I used some of the new Sewing Papers.

The Design Team girls have awesome projects to share with you , so be sure to post on over the check them out , along with the Heartwarming Vintage blog where you can get the info on all the new product.
Oh…. And be sure to welcome out newest talented design team member Shelia Rumney!!  We are so happy to have you with us Sheila!
     Michele Kovack

     Darlene Pavlick

      Melissa Bove

      Rebekah Faries

       SheilaRumney  

I hope you had a great Easter

VIC

12 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW! These are all FABULOUS Vic! What awesome inspiration ... thanks so much!
Hope you get your blogger problems solved soon ... I can imagine how frustrating it must be! KNOCK ON WOOD I've not had any problems with mine. Have a fabulous day/week!

Cynthia said...

Love them all, Vicki! I just purchased the button cards and can't wait to play.

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Vic, well it looks like it worked with me posting for you but we still need to figure out why you can't do a Blog post??? I adore this canvas you did and all your cute button cards!

Sandy

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love these new images, Vic! They are so sweet and nostalgic. I'm going to play along...even though I really don't have time to...I just can't resist. Love your canvas!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love these sweet new images, Vic. They are so nostalgic for me. My mom was a seamstress, and she loved buttons, so these really speak to me. I hope to purchase the CD's soon. Love your canvas. Everything you do is so pretty and filled with joy.

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous projects!! Always inspired when I stop by:)
Sorry you are having issues with Blogger.. I have been too.. very frustrating! Hope it resolves itself!

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Thanks Vicki, for the sweet welcome! Love your projects, especially the button card... just makes me smile. Hope you have figured out blogger. If you need any help, just let me know.

harrahx2 said...

Hey Vicki, love the button cards. So cute. I visited some of the other sites and was very impressed. Wonderful creativity and isn't it wonderful to have a friend jump in to the rescue when you need it? Hugs!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

This canvas is great - love the measuring tape stems! And these cards are too sweet - I might need to do some shopping : )

Have A Great Day!!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous work Vicki!! That canvas is amazing and your cards are fabulous!! So pretty!!

hugs...

Rea said...

They are all just so cute and unique in their own way. I just loved the faux stitching on the first one.

Rea said...

They are all just so cute and unique in their own way. I just loved the faux stitching on the first one.