Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pin cushion in a cup

Sharing another little project I did the other day using one of the Crafty Secrets new Sewing themed digital/printable images. This image is from the "Sewing Images and Ephemera".   This image is actually one that I've used before on the top of a thread spool ( I'll show you that again below) , but I wanted to show you how you can make it whatever size you want and print it on different things. To make this pin cushion, I just printed the image larger on a 8.5 x11 sheet of canvas with my ink jet printer. ( the patterned in the background is one of the Crafty Secrets Sewing papers).


Here is the Bird image and some of the other ephemera images from that same digital download.  You can see how much smaller I printed here on paper.   It would be darling on a card ,layout, tag, gift bag, tote, pill, to decoupage on something ect ect...

It's been fun to see all the different things people are creating with the new sewing things.  There is still time to join in the Linky Party!  Check it out here on the Heartwarming Vintage blog.

************************************************

Are you tired of me talking "Wedding" yet?   There is only about 3 weeks left. What will I talk about when it's over? lol
We went out to the Camp the other day to check it out one final time.  The next time we are there, will be to set up for the rehearsal dinner the day before the wedding.
It's beautiful.  Where I'm standing in this photo is where the building is that we will have a simple rehearsal dinner in the night before.  The actual wedding will be down where those trees are.   This is up on a hill, down below is the river which is where our cabin , and Jarad and Kates ( where the reception will be ) is.


Below they are talking with the grounds keeper.  But "that" is the spot were they will say their vows.


I'm very lucky that Kate likes things simple and personal.   All there personal touches are going to make the wedding really special and totally "them".  I know Kate well enough to know that she is not a pink, lacey, ribbon and frills sort of girl :)   So when I started making the invites for the rehearsal dinner, I kind of took my lead from the clean design of the announcement's.   Of course when I asked Kate... she said.... "what ever you want to do it fine!" lol      So....here they are ...   finished, addressed and mailed.


Simple...I did use foam tape to give lift to the matted piece and I used only one little silver embellishment inside the flower :)  Hopefully it's in keeping with her natural outdoors wedding theme.

The stamps are all Fancy Pants Designs


Okay.... yesterday on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter I shared a photo of these cookies while I was baking them and promised that I would have the recipe posted on my blog today...to here it is.

The deal is ... I'm not sure what to call them because it's kind of my own spin on couple of my favorite recipes.   I would say it's like a monster cookie so that's what I'll call it :)  They are SO easy! 


Vicki's Monster Cookies                                                             oven 350   12 min?

2 sticks marg or butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teas baking soda
1 1/2 cup oats (any kind)
1 pkg choc chips
1 pkg  nut and choc mix ( peanuts/mixed nuts, raisins and m &ms) I find them at Dollar General  ( see photo below)

Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars in large bowl. Add eggs, mix well. Add flour, soda, mix again.. then stir in oats.   Add chip and nut mix

The length of time you bake will depend on how big you make your cookies. I made these smaller..but sometimes I make them jumbo.   Just watch the first batch and judge from there.  I like mine soft so I take them out just as they start to slightly brown and just let them sit on the pan a couple of minute before removing them.
Cool on wire rack
They freeze great!



(but if you plan on freezing any.. you better make a double batch :)
Because they are good!

Okay friends.... thanks for stopping by.... I appreciate you!

Vic







7 comments:

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Your pin cushion is too cute! What beautiful invites. Love the simple beauty of them.

Martha Richardson said...

Actually I can't wait to see the wedding photos...great idea for a pin cushion and thanks for the recipe :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Looks yummy! I'll have to make these. I love the setting for the wedding...it's just so pure and natural. Your invites are darling...fresh and young...as they should be! xoxo

VAWM said...

I will never be tired of the wedding details! I adore that pin cushion. As always Vicki, you inspire!

Gail S. said...

I want to see wedding pics too and I am loving the updates of the big day. The cookies look WoNdErFuL!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Keep creating...

julie said...

girl you got us from pinning to cooking i dont know what i want to do first lol. thank you for all the great work. God Bless

Debbie K. said...

Can't wait to see the wedding pics too and love hearing about all the prep work! The cookies are making me drool at the moment. Have a great rest of the week, Ms. Vicki!!!