Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sharing wedding prep

Well, we are one week from the day now so it's nothing but prep :)  Yesterday a bunch of us  met at Kates moms house  to work on things.  It was a fun day. I tried to snap photo of some of the things we worked on so I could share them with you here. Kate and her sister have been pulling together ideas and pinteresting their little hearts out for months :) and it's really paid off.  The wedding and reception are going to have so many special touches.

I have to say a huge thanks to the super talented and creative Cindy VanKoll for designing these really darling signs for the wedding.   There is the first one.. I share the other one down further in the post.

Kate's mom was a wonderful hostess. She had food and drinks... and anything we needed really for us all day.    Kate's sister and sister in law.. hard at work at the table.
 
Kate's sister ordered kozies and had label printed with different fun sayings on them (EACH one different!) She must have really worked a while on that!


Kate's been working on her  outdoor reception table centerpieces. Shes been having people save her blue and green bottles for a while now :)  Jarad cut the slabs of log from out at the river, she used E600 to adhere the bottles to the wood. The candles will be added later. I think they will reflect off the colored bottles and be so pretty when it's dark at the dance/reception.



My sis and I worked an programs.  The two pieces ( front and back) were a adhered together with a handle to create a fan.


Here is the front


and the back


A while back I showed you the some of the frames I've been picking up at sales and painting.  They are what will hold the chalkboard signs and the signs Cindy created.


Like this one, that will hang on one of the trees with the flip flops ( dancing shoes) in a tub below.



Here is Kate's sister and sister in law .. hard at work.


Since it's a ways off the Highway.... Missy was busy making signs, we'll put out with balloons, to point the way.

All help was welcomed... big and small. lol

There should be plenty of food, because there will be a meal and pretty cakes..but just in case having a bon fire at the outdoor reception at the kids cabin makes anyone crave a S'more...............that's covered also.  Aren't these cute?    Square marshmallows, gram crackers and a Hersey bar all individually bagged up so cute.


Those girls were busy.



So... it's a beautiful spot for a wedding............... all we need it sunshine and we are set!
One week from today!


Thanks for letting me share!

and don't worry... it's not been all work and no play.  I found time to go see my favorite band last night. YAY!!!



Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers


Great Band.... awesome show... amazing friends..... FUN night
!


I hope you  all have your weekend off to a good start!

Thanks for stopping by!

Vic

6 comments:

becky said...

It's going to be an amazing wedding!!! So happy for you all!

VAWM said...

Vicki they are a lucky couple to have such special family and friends for help. Everything looks fabulous! Have a joyful week!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW what fabulous ideas ... it's going to be an AMAZING WEDDING and I will say an extra prayer for SUNSHINE! God Bless the lovely couple and those hands who have worked so hard to make it a memorable day! Thanks for sharing!

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Vic- Amazing pics and I am sooo happy for you! We just had two weddings in two years- alot of work but so fun! I just called my hub in the room to show him lol I HAVE to have him cut me some wood to put bottles on ! Thanks for sharing your wonderful story on the blog- I always find myself looking for your updates :)

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful photos Vicki! I will pray for nice weather! All the special things being prepared are wonderful! What a special day it will be for you all!
:) Jill

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, what wonderful ideas and creativity and beauty! Love the bottles (you all drink too much LOL) and the wood and the s'mores and the signs. Can't wait to see the pictures and praying for good weather! Love you!