Sunday, May 19, 2013

"US" album

Hi friends!  Sorry I've been away awhile. My computer monitor went out and I had to get a new one :(   I've been busy with other things and trying to stay away from the computer a bit more so that certainly solved that problem, didn't it.. ha!  I'm taking a little time off to get some things done around here and enjoy the wedding prep.  I haven't really been working on any new projects because I've been painting signs, frames ect..  But....   a while back I ran across this album I started quite some time ago (okay.. probably 3 years ago lol). It was a kit I did for Scrappy Gourmet, so at the time I only needed to add a few photos. Well, I decided it was a shame I hadn't finished it. And with it being a album of photos of Jarad and Kate, I decided it was a good time to add photos and finish it up.  So..... there are quite a few pages... but you can see by looking at these photos, just how long Jarad and Kate have been friends... ( even before they started dating)  They met the Summer we moved here... so that's 13 years ago now.    


















below- Jarads graduation- Jarad graduated a year after Kate
I remember this being the first time I saw them holding hands. Dan and I looked at eachother like??? what??    I guess they are more than "friends" now. lol


I'll let Kate add the journaling


"2000" ( below ..top left photo)

                                                                            "2012" (photo above)       


"2000"



( below - top left photo........... oh.... they are soooo young!)



There it is ..
all  summed up in random photos :)

*******************************************************


Okay, I have a couple of other things I wanted to share with you.
  
First of all, If you haven't heard about the AccuCut GrandeMARK Challenge  you can find out all about it HERE   You have until May 31st


_________________________________________________

Be sure to pop over to the Heartwarming Vintage Blog and check out all the new  Printable dolls!   Here is just one set ...but you can see them all HERE.



_____________________________________________________

And I have to share one photo from today.  Earlier this afternoon Wes (oldest son) packed up his car to head to Grand Island for 4 months of training at the Police Academe.  It's only about two hours from here and he will be able to come back on weekends..but the dog ( and us of course) are really going to miss having him around. He hasn't lived at home for years, not even in this town, but a few months ago when he got hired on at the police dept here, he started  staying between our house and Jarad and Kates.  Knowing he would be gone for four months, there was no sense in him finding a place and signing a lease/paying rent , until he gets this behind him.  Well, lets just say, .... he is more of a dog person than I am.... and that is pretty severe! lol  The dogs LOVE him!
So in this photo he's putting the last load in his car to leave.
Look in the front drivers seat. lol  I think he has extra baggage he hasn't noticed yet :)




I hope you all have a fantastic week ahead!
Thanks for stopping by.  I always love hearing from you.

Vicki

8 comments:

Country Liv . . . said...

What a fun and lovely post, Vic! I loved seeing those 2000 photos of the 'almost marrieds!' I know Jarad wouldn't appreciate this remark but you don't have to share it with him: Those little cheeks are just begging to be pinched! They always seem to have such big smiles for each other; the album is priceless!
Best of luck to Wes during his training!
Hugs,
Liv

Susie Wittwer said...

Wonderful album Vicki! I'm sure they'll love it!
That last photo is so cute...with that unexpected baggage :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Vicki...this is the sweetest little album ever. I love how fresh and young the layout is, and to see the relationship go from seed to full bloom...very precious. You are a wonder!

Mary Anne in NJ said...

Vicki: LOVE the album..haven't commented in awhile, but still look forward to your blog posts and projects...good luck with the wedding..exciting times!!! Mary Anne (a friend from New Jersey!).

janel said...

What a lovely lovely book....those photos are timeless, and just think how they will feel about it in ten years...you are the best. Just thinking you have certainly experienced lots of changes in the last year...year and a half.....and you are always so positive. Just thinking of you and anticipating more wonderful posts on your special blog.

harrahx2 said...

What a treasure for the kids. That book will be many lifetimes of wonder for future generations! So much happening, so glad life if bringing you so much sunshine! Can't wait for the wedding and the pics......excited for everyone!

Debbie K. said...

Great photos and the album is awesome, Ms. Vicki! I'm sure Jarad and Kate will love it. Such a cute pix of Wes packing up his car and his 'extra' baggage. Those dogs KNOW when someone's about to leave....lol! So cute:) Best wishes with the wedding plans. I know it'll be wonderful with your added touches:)

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Vic, your album looks fabulous and it's such a great keepsake for Jared & Kate. I bet Daisy and Molly are going to miss Wes almost as much as his mom will!

xox
Sandy