Monday, June 17, 2013

A few new Fancy Pants Designs Cards using "Wonderful Day" Collection

I hope all of you had a great weekend and are ready to jump into another week head first :)  The sun was shining when I woke up this morning. YAY!   Monday mornings are always easier when the sun is out.  We had a fun weekend with outdoor movies here Saturday night. I'll share some photos with you, further down in this post, but first of all............    A few cards I made today with one of the brand new Fancy Pants Designs Collections "Wonderful Day"


Super fun colors and designs!

Here are both the newest lines from Fancy Pants Designs. I love them both!
Wonderful Day Collection
Memories Captured Collection

Also new..       Check out these!!           Cork labels and Shapes

and these!
                                                                  Chalk labels and Tape

I didn't use the cork or chalk on these specific cards but I will be sharing a project soon that I used them on and I absolutely love them!


Feels good to play with paper again after taking some days off.

************************************************************

So here are a few photos from our "Outdoor Movie Night" over the weekend.   Dans brother ( under the screen in the photo below) owns the screen and projector.  He and Dan put together the temporary back for the screen to be attached to in our back yard.

People came in the late afternoon and we grilled, and sat on the deck , listened to music and hung out until it got dark enough to start the show.

Dan had even found a bunch of old drive in movie commercials online to show.



I got so caught up in thing I didn't take as many photos as I usually do. But we had a Counter Concession stand... grilled hot dogs,sloppy joes,big dill pickles, nachos, popcorn, root beer floats, ect...

oh.. and theater candy. lol


Good times!


Molly and Daisy loved all the attention. lol


We watched some music videos.... so of course "Tilly and the Wall".  Our niece Neely is the blonde in front.

Oh.. and we roasted marshmallows with Dans Fathers Day gift from Wes :)


We had a big metal wash tub full of ice for beer and soda.  Molly thought it was her personal ice tub. She loves ice when it's hot!

We ended up having a number of people just stay the night who live out of town, so that was great. Bodies sleeping here and there. A number of Wes's friends stayed.  I love that :)  It was like the good ol days. lol   I even dragged my behind out of bed and made bacon, eggs and hash browns for the troops in the morning. haha    I live for gatherings like this.  Seriously!   The more people with full bellies, blankets and pillows crashed around the house.. the happier I am :)

Awesome weekend!

Thanks for coming by!

Vic

8 comments:

Julie Higgins said...

Loved reading and seeing pics of the Movie Night! That is such a cool idea! Wish the media could have picked that up...what wonderful family fun:) Julie

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

Oh, wish I was there for movie night, it looks like you had so much fun!

Miss you and MUCH LOVE to you.

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

First, darling cards. Second, what a fun night your movie get together was. Love all the attention to detail - hotdog holders, theater candy. So fun & creative. You and Dan are quite the hosts, wish I lived closer! Thanks for sharing.

stampqueen said...

Your movie night looks like a blast!!! My puppy loves ice too:) The cards you did are cute too!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love these cute cards! The colors make me happy! The movie night photos are so fun! I swear, girl, you are a party on legs! Hugs!

Shelly said...

What a fun idea!! Would love to do that! Loved the bright lights strung around too. Did you watch an actual movie or was it old family videos?

harrahx2 said...

Love Love Love!

Linda S. said...

I must say, I am jealous of you for being able to entertain family and friends like you do. I know it comes naturally to you, but certainly not to everybody. I can't even cook breakfast for myself, let alone even one other person. However, I could put a mean pan of ice out for the dogs!!