Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer is in full Swing

There's no doubt Summer is in full swing around here. So much going on!  This weekend is the towns celebration "87th Old Settlers Days".  Lots of fun things going on.  Next weekend is my Art groups Flea Market ( I'll show you more about that below), and next Thursday my niece Neely's band will be playing in Council Bluffs!
Brace yourself... photo overload my be just around the corner. lol
If you've been over to the Heartwarming Vintage blog, you've been peeks of the new double sided digital papers Crafty Secrets has just released.  If you missed it .. here is the post on the Heartwarming Vintage blog.
Here is a card I created using one of the new double sided sheets and a image from the Garden Creative Scraps.   Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Crafty Foam Tape and EZ runner.



I love using the foam tape for dimension.
Well, the rain has stopped and the heat is here. Welcome to Nebraska!  You can gage how hot it is by looking at Daisy's  tongue. lol   The yard and the trees are still looking so green, I hate to see what happens when it gets hotter and dryer :(

 
So this is the event my Art group girls are hosting next weekend.  The first one, I hosted here last fall.  Now Stephanie is hosing this one.
 
 
Her family owns this cool old garage on the Hwy going thru Rogers Nebr. ( you cant miss it)  Very Cool historic building!   It has a huge parking lot, and that will be where this even will be held.  If you live close enough to drive on over, we'd love it!  We'll have lots of fun things.
 
 
I haven't had as much time this year to get things together as I did last Fall, with the wedding and everything..but I am pulling out a quite a few things...................and trust me , the other girls have plenty!
 
 
I need to spend some time out in the garage tomorrow .. pricing.
 
Some things are hard to part with , but I know they will be well loved by someone new :)
 
 
Well, like I said, I'm super excited to get to see my niece Neely and her band perform next week in Council Bluffs!   They will be playing with the band 
 "She and Him"( video below)   I love Zoey Deschanels voice!
 
 
 
 
Below is my nieces band "Tilly and the Wall".   Neely is the one with the long blonde hair.     AND.... TODAY IS HER BIRTHDAY!!
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL!!!  I love you!!
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by my friends!
 
Vic

10 comments:

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Hey, love the videos! Your niece ROCKS! Thanks for sharing!
Leticia

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This card is so great! I love the way you tied the bottle to the front. The added dimension is wonderful...like a stage curtain.

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

Fun card. I just found some of those little bottles so now I have a cute idea for them! Sounds like a great time at the "garage". Wish I lived closer! How fun to see your niece & Zoey at the same time.

harrahx2 said...

Fantastic card Vicki! Loved the videos and love Zoey's voice. I hope you have a great turnout for your sale. So wish I could be there. I am counting down to retirement...4 more days! Oh yeah! Hugs honey.

harrahx2 said...

Your card is beautiful Vicki! I love the colors and the bottle too. Great videos and I love Zoey's voice. I hope you have a great turnout at the sale. So wish I was there! I retire in 4 more days girl! Sending hugs!

Debbie K. said...

Great card Ms Vicky! Have fun at the sale, looks like a great time. Happy B-day Neely!!

Kathy said...

I love the blue vase are you getting rid of it?

Kathy said...

I really like the blue vase. Are you selling it? Or could you tell me anything about it so I could find another like it? N7rgyk@gmail.com

Kathy said...

I really like the blue vase. Are you selling it? Or could you tell me something about it so I could find another one like it?
N7rgyk@gmail.com

Chantal Vandenberg said...

I love your work! That card is amazing!!! Love your photos - really a feast for the eyes!!! :D