Monday, June 03, 2013

Crafty Secrets June Linky Party and Design Team Challenge Day

Well.... first of all, for those who have been following along... we had a beautiful wedding this weekend and we how have a daughter in law!

                                    Jarad and Cathleen Chrisman (aka Kate :)



Well, it was an eventful weekend for us with the wedding, and I would be fibbing to say I'm not a little pooped :)  But I'm super excited to share photos with you as soon as I have time to get them uploaded and sorted.   I had a pretty good idea I'd be ready to put my feet up about now, so I had my project/post for today's challenge/linky party done ahead.
We had such a great response to the different tutorials the Crafty Secrets DT girls did for last months challenge, we've decided to continue with that idea.    Each of the girls will be sharing "how to's " on something a little different. Links to each of their blogs will be at the bottom of my post, as well as a link to the Heartwarming Vintage Blog, where you can get the information on how to play along with us.  Easy peasy! and we'd love to have you~!!
Since Crafty Secrets has come out with some amazing new digital garden and floral stamps to add to their other beautiful"garden themed" products, I decided I'd work with those today.
I thought I'd show you how I used these floral stamps and fonts directly ON your own photos to create cards, mini albums , ect... or even to just add to a photo you want to frame, like I did with this one below.


Here are just a few photos that I have added the digital stamps too.  Since the stamps are already black and are png files, it's SO easy!  I'll show you below, but really it's as easy as click and drag.
These days you don't even need a camera with you all the time ... with phones being able to take such amazing photos. It seems everyone has a phone in hand to catch beautiful moments.    I used scenery and for these..but photo of the people in our life.. make it even more personal :)  Whatever your little heart desires.


Once I have it finished I can just save it in a file on my computer, so I have it to use again and again.   I can sent it to someone digitally via email or I can print it and create a card to personally deliver or mail.  Below I used a background paper from the Crafty Secrets "Creating with Vintage Patterns" CD, to create a card to print off to mail.



Here's one  more example of the stamps and fonts.    I love the contrast of the stamps in black, but you can change them to any color easily.  Shelia Rumney has a tutorial   on her blog showing you just how to do it.  Changing colors of your digital stamps ( png files)

Okay, I'm going to show you how EASY it is to add the digital stamps to your photos
(or to paper of course)

1) Start by opening your stamp png in photoshop


2) Choose the photo you would like to use from your files.  

3)  ( make sure your photo is 300 dpi as that is what your stamp will be .  You can easily do this where you "size" your photos and images. Click "Image", then size").  Go ahead and size your photo now for your card or whatever your creating.


  I measured my card base and allowed for room to matte with patterned paper to create my card.



4) Pull the window with your stamp png over to the the side, so you can see both your photo and your stamp.

5) Click on your stamp png and drag it to where you want it on your photo.  ( See how I have a box around the stamp, once it's on my photo? I will show you how to do that below).

6)  If you need to move the stamp and anytime to get it just where you want it, you can use the move tool.  ( where the while arrow is pointing below)  Click on that and then you can go move your stamp where ever you want it.

 7)  To get the box  around your stamp once it's on your photo ( like I showed you in #4)  On your keyboard hit Ctrl and T. The box will appear around your stamp.  Now you can click at the corners and pull with your mouse to make your stamp larger or smaller.


8) When you get your stamp where you want it, go to file...save.  It will ask you if you want to Apply transformation. click "yes".  ( really if you try to click on anything else, it will ask you that before you can continue anyway... so you are safe :)

 
Now all you have to do it's print it if you are planning to make it into a card to send.
Cut, paste, and add pretty embellishments if you like. 
 
 
Here is the card I created using my photo with the digital stamp added.  The background paper used on the card is from the "Creating with Vintage Patterns" CD from Crafty Secrets.
 
 

 
 

I hope you are inspired to dig into your photo files and have some fun with digital stamps.
 
Now ... be sure to pop around to the Design Team girls blogs and see what they have to share with you :)
 
  • Michele Kovack


  • Darlene Pavlick


  • Melissa Bove


  • Rebekah Faries


  • Sheila Rumney


  • .... and pop over to the Heartwarming Vintage Blog
    to play along with us!


    Have a great day!

    Vicki


    
     

    14 comments:

    1CardCreator said...

    Congratulations on the new addition to your family, they look sweet! Love the cards you made and the one on the CS blog too! Looks like a fabulous set! ~Diane

    Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

    I love your idea Vicki to add the stamps to photos. It looks so professional and hip! Great for cards, invitations, Instagram and more!

    Thanks for sharing
    Sandy

    Rebekah said...

    Wow oh wow!Love all of your cards and thanks for the tutorial. I'm still figuring out PS and this helps tremendously!!
    Congrats on the wedding!

    Debby said...

    COngratulations. Aren't weddings wonderful. Can't wait to see more pictures. Thanks for the information.

    janel said...

    Well, I cannot imagine how tired you have to be. It has been such fun to follow all the festivities. A memorable weekend for all. Beautiful way to work the png files into photos. What a lovely way to incorporate..very beautiful. Now, go put your feet up, at least for a few minutes.

    Rea said...

    Gorgeous pictures and I love how you have enhanced them with the images.

    Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

    I have stamped directly onto photos before, but I love the way this looks. I don't have Photo Shop, though....but I do have Paint Shop Pro. Wonder if it would work. I'm so impressed with your computer skills, Vic...I'm still a dinosaur, but I keep trying! The wedding photos have been great. Get some rest! xoxo

    Jean said...

    Looks like the wedding was just wonderful. COngrats!

    Those cards are absolutely stunning!

    A Vintage Chic said...

    Beautiful project, great tutorial, and wonderful wedding!!! What a weekend you had, Vicki! I'm sure you ARE exhausted, my friend! Hope you can enjoy a bit of down time!

    harrahx2 said...

    I need to get photo software! Those card ideas are marvelous! Love the picture of Kate & Jared. Confettit flying! Perfect.

    Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

    So happy to hear that everything went well Vicki!! Beautiful photo of your son and daughter-in-law!

    All of the cards are wonderful!! Love making cards with photos! Brilliant!!

    hugs...

    julie said...

    CONGRATS to you and your family and may God Bless you son and doughter-in-law with LOTS of LOVE and Happyness. thanks for sharing on how to add digy stamps to your photos.

    Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

    WOW! What a beautiful wedding you put on for your son & new DIL! Thanks for sharing the photos and for finding the time to put together this fabulous tutorial & card creation! Can't wait to try it! I'm still new to PSE but can't wait to follow your lead on this project! Awesome and thanks again! Now GET SOME REST ... it's well deserved!
    HUGS from OHIO!

    2amscrapper said...

    Congrats on the wedding in your family. Learned some great pointers from your tutorial.