Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New project using Crafty Secrets Garden Printables

I'm desperately trying to get back in the swing of things when it comes to creating and blogging but between catching up on things I've been putting to the side and pretty sunny days we've been having ... I'm not having the best luck. lol    The last couple of days I've been tidying up the garage now that the wedding things are gone and working on getting some plants potted for the deck and front porch.  It was such a long winter.. it just feels so good to finally get to be outside!!
____________________________________________________

Crafty Secrets has lots of great new garden printables  and stamps available now.  You can see all of them, with the links and gorgeous samples from the Design Team here on the Heartwarming Vintage blog.

I created this 8x10 wood décor piece by using one of the images on the new Digital  Garden Printables


I love finding wood plaques like this at the Dollar Store and then altering them.  The text paper in the background is from the new Digital Garden Papers.   I've altered the papers a bit with paint and machine stitching.
 
You can see below that I layered parts of the printed image by printing off another sheet the same size , cutting it out and adding it to the first sheet with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L  Crafty Foam Tape.
 
 



_________________________________________________________

Over the weekend we went to SD to my aunts 90th Birthday celebration.  There were three children in my moms family .. her, my Aunt Viv and my Uncle Al. This is Aunt Viv.  Isn't she a beauty?


Always feels good to be with our SD family and reminisce about all the times we've spend there over the years.  This place defiantly hold a special place in our hearts.
SD is where our parents lived, met and fell in love.  I wasn't born in SD .. but many of my older siblings were.

 We drove by grandma house of course.. which always makes us a little sad, as so much had changed, and things aren't kept up the way they used to be :(    Last time Dan and I were up for a visit we drove out to Grandma and Grandpas old farm place. Although the house is no longer there, ..still so many memories just driving down that road.       My sis and I laughed as we drove by the lake where we used to go fishing with our Aunt and Uncle, thinking about how our Uncle would tell us we were tooo noisy and were scaring the fish away. lol   I'm sure we WERE noisy. hahah
 

We took our time driving home and enjoyed the day.
 
 

Drove thru many of the small towns on the 4 hour trip back, just looking at old buildings and enjoying the sites.


Love seeing these old theaters. This one was still in use.

so cool!

It was a great weekend!


____________________________________________________

I have been sharing so many photos lately with the wedding and all, that I haven't sharing many "Everyday" photos.  I don't want to get away from those, because I think they are really important.
Here are a few from the past week or so.


Everyday Photo #1
Look  whoooooo has been hang out in the tree out back.
There were a number of them .. but very hard to see.  Dan spotted this one the other morning so I sent him out with my camera.


Everyday Photo #2
I love lilacs and Peonies SOOO much! I had to pick some and bring them in to enjoy the other day.  Smells so good!


Everyday Photo #3
Dan's brother had a  big screen projector, so we borrowed it  to have a outdoor movie night here Saturday night.  Problem is we wanted to sit on the deck to watch, and the screen needs to hang on a wall or something.........so Dan and his brother built this today to hold the screen.  Should be fun!  Friends coming over Saturday Night.  We hare having Hot dogs, popcorn and root beer floats. 



I hope you are inspired to start taking more "Everyday" photos.   If you have an iphone....  you might want to check out  Groove book.   It's what I'm using to get my photos from my phone each month.   I'll be sharing more about it in the next post and show you what mine looks like.   Pretty fun


Okay friends... Have a GREAT day!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Vic


8 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love your blog, Vic...it covers all the bases...beautiful art (this canvas is gorgeous...love the dimension) beautiful photography and fun photos, too. It's like a visit with a dear friend. You are the BEST!

harrahx2 said...

Throw on an extra hot dog......so wish I could come! Love the pictures and those flowers are beautiful. Your aunt has the prettiest hair, she is quite beautiful also. Must run in the family. Hugs!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

One Question! WHEN DO YOU SLEEP? LOL! Your project is FABULOUS and I just LOVED viewing all your photos! You are such an inspiration! Well done my friend!!

Carola Bolton said...

Thank you so much for sharing your family photos. Brought back some good memories...I am from Germany and My Grandmother always had those Flowers in her little garden. Sweet...I just came across your blog from Tera. Hope you have a great time at the Movies.

Carola Bolton said...

Thank you so much for sharing your family photos. Brought back some good memories...I am from Germany and My Grandmother always had those Flowers in her little garden. Sweet...I just came across your blog from Tera. Hope you have a great time at the Movies.

Carola Bolton said...

Thank you so much for sharing your family photos. Brought back some good memories...I am from Germany and My Grandmother always had those Flowers in her little garden. Sweet...I just came across your blog from Tera. Hope you have a great time at the Movies.

Debbie K. said...

Love the photos, Ms. Vicki and so glad you had a nice time on your trip. Your aunt looks great at 90! Wow.

Wish I could come to your outdoors movie nite. How fun!!!

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

Oh my gosh what fun that outdoor theater is going to be. And, wow, what a beauty your Aunt is. Glad you had a nice visit & such a nice drive with your sister. I envy you those gorgeous peonies. I've not tried growning them. Have a fun weekend.