Sunday, July 07, 2013

A new Fancy Pants project and a little Summer fun

I hope all of had an enjoyable 4th of July weekend.  Lots of fireworks, picnics, get togethers with family and friends... all that good stuff.    Hard to see the fun end.  Unless of course your ready for a little nap, like I am. lol

 Well, today I'm going to direct you to the Miss Fancy Pants Blog for my blog post and to share my project.  Here is a little peek, but I'd love for you to pop over  and see the entire altered project and "how too" here Vicki's Blog post on the Fancy Pants Designs Blog




*************************************************************

I've been a bit of a bad blogger lately, but I'm not going to let myself feel guilty because I've been out enjoying life :)    Important stuff. 
The other night I spent time at the lake with my friend Julie.  Her kids were home for the 4th and with them living away I don't get to see them often.  It was such a nice time.    Laughing, chatting, boating, fireworks, laughing, sitting around the fire, ... did I mention laughing??        Oh... I love this girl!


This is the new waterfall/brook they just put in, in their back yard... isn't it awesome?



Met up with the kids at the cabin yesterday.  Grill, road the trails, went to the sand bar, waded around in the river a bit.. fun in the sun.     Enjoyed seeing the kids friends, as always.  Wes's best friends since grade school , Pat, was out with his daughter Em.  I don't have grand children so it's still so crazy for me to see these kids as  parents. lol  They still seem like "kids" to me.  All of them are amazing parents. So proud of them.
 ( Wes, Pat and Em)


 
Jarad and Kate  (below)
 
 
Daisy was totally afraid of the water an hour before this! lol




This really tugged at my heart strings.   It was really a trip to see Pats daughter going down the zip line at the cabin over and over again .... just like her Daddy used to do when he was her age.   Really hit me how long we've had that cabin when I realized this is the second generation of kids playing on it.     Simple fun

Great kids.   Wes, Princess and Eric.   We are stopped at Jarad and Kates cabin so that's their dog Rylee on the right, next to Daisy.


So  I'm pretty sure those of you who are my friends and  faithful readers have noticed I haven't been posting to my blog as often as I used to.   Well, like I said, just been out enjoying life, and that's pretty important stuff :)     It's just been so nice , I want to be outside. I figure I have all winter to be "inside".
I know I've mentioned before here on my blog, about my dear friend Sally, who is suffering from early onset Dementia/Alzheimer's , and is in a care facility now. It's a terrible disease at any age, but  55 is very young.   I visit her each week and each week when I leave I think to myself, how darn lucky I am to be able to get in my car on a beautiful sunny day and just drive... go where ever I want... do what I want. Remember what I just did, not feel confused and scared all the time.   I guess what I'm saying is that I need to give credit where credit is do. Sal doesn't know it but she's taught me a huge lesson... ENJOY LIFE!   I guarantee you she never thought this was going to happen to her. She was just like me. We used to do everything with our boys together when they were little. We baked chocolate chip cookies together, cross stitched, took our kids to the pool .. all that mom stuff.   Now although she recognizes my face ... she doesn't know my name.   I don't mean to make anyone sad, just a little reminder to get out there an enjoy life.     I share a lot of my life on my blog but this is probably the most personal thing I have ever shared ( esp involving someone else), but it's had a huge impact on how I live my life lately.  And I'm sure Sally would think it was okay that I shared with you all. 

( and she's still always has a smile)
ps. might be because she knows I always have a pepsi and a reeses peanut butter cup in my purse for her. lol



Thanks friends for letting me share.

Vic

10 comments:

Shirley Sendgraff said...

Oh, Vic, I have noticed you not blogging as much, but thought maybe I'd missed some since I am also doing what you are...enjoying life!! Going to concerts with grandkids and seeing the joy and wonderment on their faces, and just getting projects done that I've put off around the house!! This week I can't wait tobabysit my grandsons while their babysitter goes on a much deserved vacation! But, what really tugs at my heart today is what you said about Sally!! So true, as my dear Dad suffered from this awful disease!! But I want to say "Thank You" for being such a dear and devoted friend to her!! We were friends in highschool, but didn't see much of each other except at Walmart, reunions and JCF days!! Love the picture of her...she still has her great smile!! So I just want you to know how much I appreciate all you do, and that this makes me love ya more, girlfriend!!! Thanks for the great chat last night, I always wish for you nothing but sunny skies and much happiness! PS Is that video taken out at Woodcliff? Oh, how I miss that place Jim's brother Paul has a cabin there, and we miss all the summer fun out there!!!

Debby said...

So sorry about your friend. I follow a blog about a lady's husband that has the early onset as well. So hard and so sad at that age. My father had it as well. His started when he was in his middle 60's.
Enjoy your summer and stay cool and dry. We have had lots of rain here.

Paulette Manion said...

You will probably have a legion of followers who feel the same tugs at their hearts about a loved one. My heritage scrapbooking was deep therapy for me while I cared for my Mom thru-out her long journey with dementia. We all must do what we can to make the world a better place for them while they are here and along the way, there are life lessons learned.

Lee Brehon said...

I'm glad you do share, your friend is very lucky to have you. Its so sad to read, I haven't had to deal with anything like this and hope I never do, but if I do, I hope I can manage with the grace and kindness you have shown your friend. You're a great example of what it means to be a friend "thru it all". Hugs

Julie Higgins said...

Oh Vic, how I love to read your blog:) The pictures and video were all great! We are very blessed and reading your blog, seeing the pictures, and reading about family, friends, and Sally make me again realize how precious all the time we spend together with friends and family is:) Cherish the moments of life! Love you, Julie

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

So proud of you for making the right choice...people are always more important than things. It's so hard to watch someone you love slip away from the effects of Alzheimer's. That's how we lost Dale's dad. Glad you are taking time to live, love, laugh and have fun! It will be winter again before you know it, and you'll be locked inside. Go for it!

Mickie said...

So sad about your friend but glad for the lesson about getting out and enjoying your life. Love your blog and all the pics. God Bless and have a good time!

Debbie K. said...

Great photos, Ms. Vicki! Love seeing Ms. Daisy enjoying herself:) So cute!
Sorry to hear about your friend. Yes, life is short AND unpredictable - no doubt about it. Your friend is very lucky to have you in her life. Even though she probably can't tell you that, in her heart she feels it. Take care, sweet lady!!!

stampqueen said...

Love stopping by to visit, even if I don't comment as often as I should - glad to hear you had a great holiday, love all the pics (my puppy was scared of the water too until her doggy buddy showed her how much fun it is and no I can't keep her out of it :)
Sorry to hear about you friend - enjoy every day!!!
We have been getting a ton of rain - more rain in the last 2 weeks than in the last 4 years, but we needed it and I have used it as an excuse to play in the craft room :)
Take Care

Blogger said...

Do you prefer Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
PARTICIPATE IN THE POLL and you could get a prepaid VISA gift card!