Monday, July 01, 2013

It's your choice. Size, color, pattern, print... CREATE

Well, hello to a new week and to starting it out with a Crafty Secrets Linky Party/ and DT ChallengeNot to mention getting to welcome  two  new Design Team members to our group!   We are excited to be adding the talented Kathy Clement and Elizabeth Lincoln to the Crafty Secrets Design Team.   
Usually  after we've decided what our theme or direction is for our challenge, I start to think about what I want to show as far as steps and then create a project, but this time I did things a bit in reverse.   I decided just to start to create and let it come naturally and just show you the things I love about being about to print my own papers, as I go.  Really, it just made so much more sense :)  So.... I highlighted as I went to share with you.   Here is the card I created.


I used papers from the Creating with Vintage Patterns CD


and images from the "Garden" Creative Scraps

I popped in my CD and this was the first paper I chose.  Here's where I have my first option about my paper. * I don't have to print a full size sheet if I don't need it.  I can just print what I need right now.    Also * I can choose to print on text weight or cardstock, depending on what I'm using it for.

I printed it once on this white card stock below to show you why I love having the option to print on whatever solid color paper I want.  


As I look at the images on this sheet that I'm working from they have a more ivory background, so I like the look of printing my patterned paper on a more ivory colored cardstock so that they look nice together.     *option to choose color of cardstock to print on

Once I chose my other accent pattern paper from the CD, instead of grabbing another piece of paper, I have plenty of room left on my first piece I printed on.  All I had to do it size how much of the green I wanted and run it back thru the printer, printing it at the bottom of the same piece of cardstock.  * Use only one sheet of paper to Print  more than one paper pattern on.

*If you don't have a lot of room for paper storage, being able to print off as you go is defiantly a plus.    I think of the bins of scrap paper this could help me avoid.

Hybrid is my "Happy Place" I think.  I love being able to print, change sizes, colors, add images and text, but I love dimension.   I love being about to cut pieces from the Garden Creative Scraps and add them here and there to my card, using foam tape.  A little stitching, some trims, ribbon .....


and even a little sparkle, and I'm good :)



Okay......   I don't know about you, but I'm ready to pop over to the other girls blogs and see what they have to share.  Here are their links.   

Heartwarming Vintage Blog
 
  • Michele Kovack
  • Darlene Pavlick
  • Melissa Bove
  • Rebekah Faries
  • Sheila Rumney 
  •  Kathy Clement
  • Elizabeth Lincoln
  •    
     

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Have a great week!

    Vicki

    12 comments:

    Sheila Rumney said...

    Love you card! Gorgeous!

    Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

    Hello Ms Vicki, I adore your cute card with all the stitching, trim and sparkly berries. I hope it's cooled off for you. It's smoking hot here again today! We are not use to heat like this and hardly anyone has air conditioning in their homes. The fans are just blowing hot air!

    Sandy

    Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

    Morning Vic ... sorry I didn't make it over here yesterday ... but I'm here now! This card is fabulous! LOVE your choice of papers and design! I know what you mean ... isn't it awesome how you can print what ever size/color you want/need from these digital files! FABULOUS!! You always inspire me my friend ... 'keep em coming'!
    HUGS from Rainy Ohio!

    Vicki said...

    Love this "fresh" card! The colors are beautiful together and it makes me happy!

    harrahx2 said...

    What a great card. I had to look close because I though you put a zipper on it! So beautiful. You are one clever girl. Hugs!

    Rea said...

    Sweet card with adorable vintage fruit ad, and lovely colors you used together.

    Angela p said...

    I love this one Vicki! I may have to pick up my hybrid designing....I've stopped for the most part but certainly miss the versatility!

    Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

    Absolutely gorgeous card Vicki!! Love the stitching and choice of papers!!

    hugs...

    Melissa

    p.s. Happy 4th of July!

    cjgusloff57 said...

    Great card! I really, really like all of these vintage images!

    cjgusloff57 said...

    Great card! I love raspberries and all these beautiful vintage images.

    loulou said...

    Gorgeous card. Love the stitching, braid and the fussy cut elements - fabulous.

    Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

    That is a beautiful card Vicki, says "Hello Summer" to me! Thanks for sharing, Deb