Saturday, August 17, 2013

Best Wishes Card

And again, another weeks speeds by. Seems impossible that school has started. It's been cooler the past few days and I have to say I am loving having the windows open and enjoying the fresh air. I always hate having the house closed up with the air conditioning on for so long, but when it's as hot as it was, there really wasn't much choice.
Sharing a card I made yesterday using Crafty Secrets Creating with Vintage Patterns CD for the papers and Garden Creative Scraps.    Oh... how I love these colors! 
Sandy has a great post up with gorgeous samples here on the Heartwarming Vintage blog if you'd like to check it out :)

 

Well, this week's "Everyday Photos" pretty much sum up my week. lol  Esp the first one.
 
 
 
Everyday Photo #1
Yep.. you guessed it, ... we painted.  Always a pain and a mess, but love it when it's done! 

 

Everyday Photo #2
Spent a day junk'n with my sis! Oh it was the best.  I was actually on a mission to find some old frames for a display I was working on for one of my living room walls, and I found some!  Also found a fun little end table.  I'll share when I have it all put together.

Everyday Photo #3
Most favorite part of the entire week.  Wes stayed here last night.  He is down to only 3 weeks left of Police academe.  He had ordered a new dobro guitar and had UPS deliver it here this week.  So he stay here last night. We went to dinner and then just hung out around here.  Oh.. for me.. that is a perfect night. To have one of my boys here for the evening. 




I'm meeting my friend Julie for lunch today, so I'm looking forward to that!  Better get things rolling.

  I hope your weekend is fantastic!

Thanks for stopping by!


Vic

5 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is so lovely, Vicki! The papers and images go together so well, and that beautiful cream flower and bow really set everything off.

Jean said...

BEautiful card! Don't you love it when we get time with the kids? Great photo!

harrahx2 said...

Great card girl and you never have a dull moment, do you! Painting and junking and redoing.....come on to my house to my house come on! Hugs!

harrahx2 said...

Great card girl and you never have a dull moment, do you! Painting and junking and redoing.....come on to my house to my house come on! Hugs!

Debbie K. said...

Love the card, Ms. Vicki. You certainly are one busy little bee! Wow, wish I had your energy. We could use some painting around here. Ashamed to admit, we've only painted one room in the past ten years...lol! Glad to hear you got to spend time with your son. Looks like he got a great looking guitar!