Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Congratulations Card

Hi Everyone!  Well, I had planned to post another Halloween sample today, but then decided I'd break up  the Halloween project post with other projects. ( That way you wont feel like your in mid October) lol      I've really been into making cards more lately .. even more than I have in the past. Why?  I just love being about to send something handmade to someone. Who doesn't feel special when they get a handmade card in the mail?  Now all I have to do it get better about remember everyone's birthdays, anniversaries ect.  :(       Oh my mom was always to good at that.  I must try to do better with that.       The cards below is one I made for my brother-in-law.  Today is has been with the same company for 40 years!




 So this is the inside of the card.     The papers are from the Fancy Pants Designs, Collecting Moments line.   The bow is one of my Accucut die designs  Bows VC106LC

Huge Congrats Keith!!

_____________________________________________________________


Jumping back into my "Everyday Photos" routine 


Everyday Photo #1

One of my favorite places to sit and relax with an ice tea, .... our front porch.

Everyday Photo #2

When I'm using dishes and contains of my mom and always get a warm fuzzy when I turn them over and see that she had them marked with her name or initials.   I think of all the places she has taken dishes and baked goods.  Family reunions, church pot lucks, to friends and neighbors ect..     It just makes me smile.   And let me tell you... that tan striped Pyrex bowl held a lot of mommas delicious gravy :)


Everyday Photo #3

This photo was just taken last night.   I'll be sharing more photos from last nights little crafting session with Julie and Jan when I share my next Halloween post.  We had a blast.  Man I love spending time with these girls.







Okay, I have one more thing to share today. The other day I got an email from Jarad ( our youngest son) ,and attached was this video.   "It said, mom watch this... you'll like it".     Was he ever right.
I think you will also.




Wishing you all a great day!

I always say.. "Thanks for stopping by"... but I hope you know .... how much I really mean that :)


Vicki

7 comments:

harrahx2 said...

I wiped my eyes and so want to know how to share this on my Facebook page. that was amazing. Loved your card and pictures too Sweetie!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Yep - Jared knows his momma well when he said you would like this! I'm also a sap when it comes to heartwarming stories but I didn't expect to be so overwhelmed. Fred's song and story is so touching I'm still mopping up the tears! I tried to find the link to send him a little gift but I can't see one anywhere.

Hugs from Sandy

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Yep - Jared knows his momma well when he said you would like this! I'm also a sap when it comes to heartwarming stories but I didn't expect to be so overwhelmed. Fred's song and story is so touching I'm still mopping up the tears! I tried to find the link to send him a little gift but I can't see one anywhere.

Hugs from Sandy

Jean said...

Such a wonderful card! love all the layers. Your photos are such fun! I can imagine that dish and the places it has been,

Sheila Rumney said...

Love your card and all your everyday photos!

Mickie said...

OMG, I am still crying!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow, Vic...what a great post...the fabulous card (love it!) the wonderful photos where you share your life with us...and then that song! Wow...I got all choked up....just touched me. Thanks for being you, gal! you make the world a sweeter place!