Saturday, August 31, 2013

Halloween Crafting night with the girls

Well, I told you I'd break up my Halloween projects so you didn't get bombarded with them all at once, but...... it's time again:)    The other night Julie and Jan came over for a little crafting fun and we made some Halloween themed projects using my new AccuCut Witches Shoe die.
This die can be used in a number of different ways. Below you can see how I hinged two shoes together to create a free standing Halloween décor piece. 


In a previous post I showed you this album I created.  You can see the entire album HERE if you missed it.


Here is the die with all the fun elements that come with it.

Here are a couple of close ups of my hinged project.

I love that little mouse (wink)


So the night the girls and I crafted I decided I created a banner this time.  I used this die AND and few Pennant Flag pieces. 


Here are a few close ups so you can see it a bit better.




Lets just say... Fun was had! lol    Lots of chatter and serious laughs!


One things we learned .. a few hours in the evening is not enough :(    We all hated to see the night come to an end.   But a few hour is still a few hours.. so we'll take it!


Julie with her projects. They turned out so cute!



Jan is making a hanging banner also, but didn't have time to get all finished.  I told her I still had to take a photo of what she had done so far.  It was turning out adorable!


We also used Double sided Adhesive sheets from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and the Spider on the die to dress up this glass candle holders I picked up at Dollar General for $3.  They really are pretty cool. You can see how big they are, as those are full sized candles in them.


Like I said.. it was SO fun having the girls here.  I haven't laughed that much for quite a while. Good think we live in the country because it might have gotten a little loud by the look on Daisy's face. lol


I Can not wait until we can do it again!!

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope your long weekend is awesome my friends!

Vic

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Vicki, I am so envious of your craft nights and your new die! That shoe is soooo cute!

Jill Norwood said...

Vicki your new die is wonderful! So fun! And I bet they could be mrs Claus shoes too! :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Vic, I just love this darling die and all the cute ways you are finding to use it. Your banner is the most fun! Love that you have these gals to hang with. It looks like you had so much fun...I might have to start my own little group. xoxo

Ali said...

OHMYGOSH, love the shoe die! Such CUTE projects everyone made with it, and loved the banner idea, Vicki! You seemed to have so much fun- LOL at Daisy! How cute that she stays with you right under the table! Sounds like some critters *I* know... LOL Thx for the pics you posted, loved it all!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, poor pup! I cannot believe you stamp and cut and play on that beautiful table without some protection! I would be a nervous wreck! Love the little mouse on the ruffles and everything else. You must create and sell kits! You can make a fortune! I can't wait to try mine! When I get back from vacation, I will be on it! Hugs!

Shirley Sendgraff said...

I'm just gonna rename your page to "This Blog that makes ME happy"!!! Love it all! So happy you got to craft with your besties and with Miss Daisy by your side!! Really motivated to go make a banner for Autumn right about now!! Congrats again on a fantastic die, again, you never cease to amaze us!!!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Geez Vic your witch boot is so darn cute! Love all the samples you made and I bet you could use it for Christmas or as a vampy chic's boot in pink and black. Also what about cutting some long chipboard strips for stripe socks?
Congrats!
Sandy

Sheila Rumney said...

Looks like you had a fabulous night crafting! Those shoes are just too cute!