Monday, August 05, 2013

Print and Stitch Lavender Sachets

It's time for another Crafty Secrets Linky Party! We have fun with these the first Monday of every month, and always love having any of you who would like play along.  You can find out all about it here on the Heartwarming Vintage blog.   At the bottom of my post I have links to all the other Design Team girls so you can pop over and see what they have created for the Linky Party today also.
I'm going to show you how I made some of these fun little Lavender Sachets, by using on of the digital paper patterns.    Here is a close up of one of them.


And here they are.  The Digital paper pattern I used was "Rose Swirls" DP-203  and the stamps I used for the little tags are from the  Vintage Labels  Clear Art stamp set.


I use Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Crafty Power tape to adhere a cut piece of lightweight white cotton fabric to a piece of cardstock to prepare it to run it thru my printer.


I wrap the fabric around  all the edges of the cardstock , taping in the back , pushing it down to make sure it is adhered to the double sided tape.  I also trim away excess fabric from the corners.

Then I print if off just like I would normally on any paper.

I remove the printed fabric from the paper and cute fabric squares about an inch larger than I want my finished sachets to be to allow for a seam.     I made mine 3 inches.


Simple sewing  here :)   Just put two fabric pieces printed sides facing in, and stitch around all sides, leaving just enough of an opening to be able to add the lavender.
( I machine stitched mine. But you could certainly hand stitch them, just make sure your stitches are close enough together that your lavender wont fall out).

 
with a little work.... turn it right sides out  :)


Time to add the lavender.  I just grabbed a scrap of paper off my desk and formed a little funnel of sorts to make it a bit easier.


Now, time to stitch up that last little opening by hand.  (ps. if you noticed a different piece of fabric on the back of mine, it's because I ran out of white fabric to print on .. and just didn't have it in me to make a run to the fabric store again ) lol


Now, you can stamp your little tag to add and add some pretties. Ribbon, Lace, whatever strikes your fancy.  These will make your drawer smell lovely of course, or be great to stick in your suitcase, but they would be a sweet little gift to leave on the pillow of an overnight guest, wouldn't they?



Be sure to check out what the other girls have to share with you today.


  • Michele Kovack - See 280+ Gallery!
  • Darlene Pavlick
  • Melissa Bove
  • Rebekah Faries
  • Sheila Rumney
  • Kathy Clement
  • Elizabeth (I love rubber) on Splitcoast

  • and remember, we'd love to have you play along!  Read more about it here on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.


    Thanks for stopping by!!

    Have a great day!

    Vicki

    18 comments:

    Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

    WOW! What a fabulous idea Vic! Thanks so much for the 'How To's' This will be another fun project added to my ToDo List! Thanks for sharing!
    HUGS from OHIO!

    Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

    These are darling! Thanks for the great step by step! Did you make the sweet little posies on top, too? You clever girl, you!

    Cynthia said...

    What a great gift idea! Thanks for the tutorial.

    harrahx2 said...

    Vicki, your outside the box thinking always amazes me. What a great idea! these are so cute.

    Mickie said...

    What a fantastic idea, gonna have to try this.

    lizlincoln said...

    This is so well presented, even I could follow those instructions without messing up. My son is going to help me get my new printer set up tonight and I am going to give this technique a whirl. Just gorgeous.
    Cheers, Elizabeth

    Rea said...

    They are so pretty and that floral pattern is just lovely.

    Sheila Rumney said...

    Love how easy it is to print on fabric... I think I need to try it. Thanks for the great tutorial.

    Jean said...

    How cute! I even have lavender in my garden. These would be great Christmas gifts!

    Renee said...

    This is gorgeous! Hope you are doing well :)

    Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

    Oh wow! These are gorgeous Vicki! I so need to make some of these!! Thanks for the inspiration and great tutorial!!

    hugs....

    Pam said...

    These are beautiful!, What great little gifts!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    Kathy Bradley said...

    Beautiful and elegant and what a wonderful gift idea!

    Michele said...

    These are so great!!! You are so clever!

    Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

    Your sachets are so pretty Vicki and a perfect little gift! I just added them to our Pintrest board

    Thanks for showing all the photos
    Sandy

    Debbie K. said...

    LOVE this, Ms. Vicki! Thanks for the detailed tutorial. Will have to try making these sometime:) Have a GREAT weekend!

    Karen Conner said...

    Really great idea!

    Marcy said...

    These are so sweet, and I really appreciate the details.