We hope you'll be inspired to play along with us! If your not familiar with how "Whatevers" works, you can read about all the details further down in this post. But basically what it is, is that we pick one photo each month (that we also provide to you, if you'd like to play along), of people who are in need of a story. I long lost photo. One of those you might find at a flea market, or vintage shop. The kind that always makes you wonder.. where do these people belong? You know they belonged to someone. We'll we give them a new story and now journey ... a new adventure! We each create a page and story just for them. As you can image, it's a creative journey that takes many different paths :)
Here is my page for August I started my page with pieces bits and pieces of papers from the Fancy Pants "Swagger" Collection, and then had a little fun with paint and markers from there.
To the women of Harrisburg SD, there was just something about this traveling man that had them all batting their eyes when he came around. He had just a way about him. Always tipping his hat, and flashing that contagious smile of his. Taking time to dress quite snappy and always smelling like lilac hair tonic. His name was Henry and he had come to town as part of a group of surveyors for the department of roads. Harrisburg was a small town. The available women of Harrisburg were all very much aware of Henry, and doing their best to pine for his attention. Henry loved the company of pretty women and was often seen with one on each arm. He enjoyed the attention from the ladies and always treated them to a wonderful time. But little did they know that this fish was not going to be so easy to catch. He enjoyed single life very much, and planned to keep it that way!
Check out what the others are up to this month
Here is how it works
- Nat, Cat, Cuchy (Carmen), Martha and I and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blogposts- not on Facebook!
- There is no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an art journal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
- You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Remember .. we'd love to have you join us!