Thursday, September 12, 2013

Back to school Card and layout with Fancy Pants Designs

Hello my friends!  I hope your week has gone well. It's so nice here, we actually have the air-conditioning off and the windows open. yay!  Since we've had colds, it feels good to be able open up the house and air it out a bit. I'm finally on the mend and feeling more like myself. There is always plenty to do anyway, but when you're sick, it just really slows everything down :(     
Well the other day I directed you over to the Heartwarming Vintage blog for my post, ... today I'm sending to in another direction again,. lol  This time to my post up on the Miss Fancy Pants Blog. But first I'll share a bit here :)

I used the "Off to School" Line from Fancy Pants for this card and the layout I shared on the Miss Fancy Pants Blog.  You can see a full list of  what I used there.


 I just wanted to show you these incase you weren't familiar with them. They are called "Filter Embellishments" and yes, they work great for making dimensional flowers..but.. they are fun to use for so many other things also.  They aren't cardstock, they are like tissue and so easy to use.


I also have a layout up on the Miss Fancy Pants blog that I'd love for you to pop over and see.  Here is a little peek.   Can you believe Wyatt is in first grade already?  I'm so lucky that Gabby and Tracy share these sweet boys with us.   We were lucky enough to meet them years ago thru Wes and, now they live with in a couple of miles from us. When you live in the country.... that's neighbors!  So we count on each other a lot:) 
(who do you think lets Molly and Daisy out when I'm out and about ) lol
Since I shared those photos of Wyatt, and it's time for "everyday photos", I can hardly wait to share a fun photo from a little photo shoot with his little brother Emmett.
How darn CUTE is he?   He turned one this week.  We took some adorable birthday cake shots.... this is the bath afterwards :)




I can really count these as "Everyday photos" because this was a very special day.  Weston graduated from Police Academe this week.  He has worked very hard these past 4 months while he's been there.... and the months before.  Lots of changes, lots of decisions... big stuff.  We are SO proud of him!



He even sang the national anthem at graduation, and did an amazing job.  I posted it on facebook but for the life of me, I can not figure out how to get it to post here.


As always, I'm so appreciative that you take time to stop by!
I hope your day is a good one!

Vicki 

7 comments:

Debby said...

Cute card, adorable naked baby, handsome son. COngratulations.

ddlady said...

Love the naked baby! He is a beautiful baby boy! And congratulations to Weston for finishing the academy! I'm glad you are finally feeling better after your colds!
Your "Back to School" card is cute. You always do such a nice job!

BethW said...

I really like the colors in this collection.And good tip about not just using filters to flowers. Congratulations to your son-it takes a truly special person to decide to become join law enforcement.Blessings to you all.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Super cute and cheery card, Vic! And that baby photo....someday, many years down the line someone will be featuring that in a "Whatevers" challenge. Love it! Glad you are feeling better. Colds are no fun! Enjoy your weekend!

Jean said...

Love the card! Congrats to your son! I know you must be so proud!

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

Sweet card, sweet baby pic. You deserve to be one proud mama. What a wonderful accomplishment for your son & what a nice picture of the four of you. Congrats to your son!

rush said...

congratulations to weston...may he be safe.