Monday, September 23, 2013

Kansas City Flea Market, Farmers Market and Art Fair


I don't normally do a non-project post but I had so many photos from the Art Fair in KC  I wanted to share.. that I'm doing them in two separate posts.  I'll do my project post later today or tomorrow :)      For now.. I think you find plenty of beautiful colors and designs to inspire you in these photos. And I'll share some pieces .. that if I had to pick, I would have to say would be my favorites from the show.
 
 
My weekend in KC was spent with these two lovely's, Julie and Alexandra.  Alexandra lives near KC. Julie and I (Oh... and Ellie).drove there to meet up with her.  I'll share a photo of Ellie at the bottom of this post. She is soooo sweet!
 

We could not have had a nicer weekend weather wise... it was perfect!  The next three photos are from the Farmers Market.  Oh... what I would do to have that available to me every weekend.  I brought home... Pears, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries,  grapes, peppers , nectarines, tomatoes, fresh cilantro, ect...

The flowers were amazing!


I'd love to have this to pick from for cooking anytime I wanted. ahhhh

We had lunch at this fun little vintage style diner called Happy Gillis, that had been featured on "Diners Drive Ins and Dives".   The food was delish.

Since the weather was so nice we ate outside ,but here is a peek at part of the inside.


I have so many photos of the art show, I couldn't begin to share them all, or begin to show how huge it was... it went on for blocks on and blocks.


And lets just say.... Lots of great food vendors, and Lots of people!  We were so impressed with how many great free Art projects and activities there were for kids! So great to see!

Julie and I in our shirts.  ha... matchy matchy

We saw so many beautiful pieces of art and interesting things...but I was so drawn to this artists work.   His name is Heinrich Toh.


I loved his work.  Here is his website if you'd like to check it out.  HEINRICH TOH



Night time on the Plaza Saturday night was even more amazing. Lights, music...  and what seemed like, even more people.  We went out for traditional KC barbecue and it was so goooood!
 


 
Who wouldn't want a French Macaroon for dessert?   I had Raspberry and Julie had Passion Fruit, at this darling place called Natasha's Mulbery & Mott
 

Here is a little peek at the inside.  Oh.... swoon!

Sunday morning we took in more of the sights.


On our way to the City wide Flea Market/Garage Sale... and back to the Farmers Market.
I was such a nice weekend, we hated to see it end, but trust me we made the most of every minute we were there, and enjoyed it all. 

Now... for the photo of my lap buddy in the car during the trip.  Julies baby, .... Sweet Ellie. Here she is on the way home almost asleep with her head in my hand. ( oh.. laying on her blankey of course) I love this dog!

Huge Thanks to Julie for letting me be your side kick for the weekend... it was so fun!


ps   I'll be back to share a project in a separate post :)


Vicki

8 comments:

Julie Higgins said...

Awwww....loved looking at the photos of our fabulous weekend and reading your narrative! I wanna go back:) Thanks so much to you and Alexandra for an inspiring, fun weekend!! I will forever cherish the great memories of our time together there! Julie

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

These photos are gorgeous, Vic. And the pic of you...you look like a teenager...so happy and all lit up on the inside. I love seeing you doing the things you love. So proud of you for living your life! Carry on!

Jean said...

Such gorgeous photos!

janel said...

Gosh, it looks fabulous. What wonderful photos. I would love it. I hope it becomes a tradition and we will be able to re-live it every year with you.

harrahx2 said...

Oh my goodness Vicki, Mr. Toh's art looks a lot like the art you produce! I loved it. What great fun you must have had. It just all looks so amazing! Sounds like a fun packed time with good friends and there is nothing quite like that to make you smile into fall! Hugs honey!

Debbie K. said...

Looks like you had a great time, Ms. Vicki! Great photos. Thanks for sharing with all of us. Gotta love those outdoor fairs:)

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

What a fun time! Oh my gosh I wish I lived closer. Thanks for sharing all of the great pictures & oh boy do those macarons look like fun. Happy Week.

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hey you lucky lady - this looked like so much fun! Exactly the type of stuff I love doing - art show, junk sale, great food and weather enjoyed with good company - what more can you ask for. Geez, I sure wish you lived closer.
Sandy